Author Topic: How tough is it going to get for us next year?  (Read 3808 times)

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
How tough is it going to get for us next year?
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
South Dakota Coyotes coming into the MVC and already making noise knocking off the ranked teams in FCS and being ranked #15 themselves.  Two trips to the Dakotas for the Guins in a given year YIKES!!!!!!!

No. 15 South Dakota Coyotes (4-2) at Illinois State Redbirds (3-3), 4 p.m.

Series record: First meeting

Last meeting: None

What to know: In the midst of a transition from Division II, South Dakota will get a look at its new conference on Saturday. Currently a member of the Great West, the Coyotes will join the Missouri Valley Football Conference next season.

With South Dakota relying on a run-heavy offense (191.66 ypg) and Illinois State boasting the FCS' third-ranked rush defense (68.5 ypg), this game will likely be won or lost by whichever unit can win the push at the line.

South Dakota has won both of its FCS games this season, defeating then top- ranked Eastern Washington and then-No. 22 Southern Utah.

Prediction: Illinois State 24, South Dakota 17

We'll see but I'm thinking SDU beats ISU (R)  fb

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:10:58 AM by ysubigred »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: How tough is it going to get for us next year?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 08:00:04 PM »
I don't want to make excuses, but these road games in the "Valley" ARE a disadvantage for us.

I wish conference "switching" (that which is happening at the FBS D1 level) would come to 1-AA.

It's one thing to take a direct flight into a major city. That's easy enough. But there is no easy way to get North or South Dakota. It's a long plane flight.......AND a long bus ride after that. A double "wammy".

Robert Morris is right down the road. Richmond.....please add to the list.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:07 AM »
I don't want to make excuses, but these road games in the "Valley" ARE a disadvantage for us.

I wish conference "switching" (that which is happening at the FBS D1 level) would come to 1-AA.

It's one thing to take a direct flight into a major city. That's easy enough. But there is no easy way to get North or South Dakota. It's a long plane flight.......AND a long bus ride after that. A double "wammy".

Age old argument.  Should have been in the MAC several years ago but we all know that old wise tale  ;)  The MVFC is crap but at least we have the playoff's and a autobid.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:47:28 AM by ysubigred »

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 02:30:20 PM »

Our road trips are brutal even without the Dakotas.  Did the road trip thing for 4 years.  Ridiculous.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!