Author Topic: Guins Pick-up Class of 2012 QB Recruit  (Read 7590 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Guins Pick-up Class of 2012 QB Recruit
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:32:51 PM »
Vindy:
YOUNGSTOWN

Walsh Jesuit QB Nick Wargo verbally committed to play football at Youngstown State on Tuesday.

Wargo (6-3, 215) is the YSU third commitment of the 2012 class. He also had an offer from Cincinnati.

The other 2012 recruits are Hickory OL/DL Matt Bell and Lexington safety Tyler Jackman.

Max Prep/Scout.com: Youngstown State added the commitment of Walsh Jesuit quarterback Nick Wargo last weekend. The senior pledged to the Penguins while visiting for the game against South Dakota State. Wargo has led Walsh Jesuit to a 5-1 record to date, and the school is ranked number five in the latest computer rankings.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Guins Pick-up Class of 2012 QB Recruit
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:31:22 PM »
Looks, runs and throws like Hess.  :) :D

Built like Hess too.....He'll be 235lbs by the time he's a soph.

Nice pick-up. Congrats to all involved.

The Fritts kid from Mentor should be next on our list. 6'3" soph WR. Reminds of Moye from PennState. A great basketball player as a frosh on a very good D1 varsity team.

This kid should be getting letters from YSU immediately. A little love early from YSU may allow us to snag him. He'll have many offers by the end of his junior year.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 08:35:29 PM by Pizza »

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »

The Fritts kid from Mentor should be next on our list. 6'3" soph WR. Reminds of Moye from PennState. A great basketball player as a frosh on a very good D1 varsity team.

This kid should be getting letters from YSU immediately. A little love early from YSU may allow us to snag him. He'll have many offers by the end of his junior year.

i would rather have Mentors QB that kid is going to be something special

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:50:01 PM »

Mentors' QB (just a Jr) is a top end FBS material. I don't think TOSU or Michigan will offer him.....but Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern and Purdue certainly will.

Trust on this Fritts kid. He's a bigger faster Dane Sanzenbacher....as a slot guy or #1 WR athlete at FCS level.

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »

Mentors' QB (just a Jr) is a top end FBS material. I don't think TOSU or Michigan will offer him.....but Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern and Purdue certainly will.

Trust on this Fritts kid. He's a bigger faster Dane Sanzenbacher....as a slot guy or #1 WR athlete at FCS level.

i know we still dont have a shot but i would still rather have the kid
and dont be surprised if Ohio St offers, a 6'3-6'4 QB who runs a 4.6 is the type of QB Ohio St seems to be going after these days

Wisconsin is already starting to get on Trubisky

Fritts also has a TON of talent on the hardwood, kid will be playing in a major basketball confrence at some school, maybe not a top end but a middle of the road type

a kid to really watch for is Kyle Shurmur in a few years, some have him rated as high as the #3 Freshman QB in the country he's at St. Eds right now, YSU has already been in contact, he compares alot to Shane Morris, has above average speed for a QB 4.60, Above average arm and great accuracy, then again he is the grandson of Fritz Shumur and son of Pat Shurmur so he has the bloodlines and had alot of great coaching to learn from
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:16:12 PM by YSUfan21 »

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:32:44 PM »

and dont be surprised if Ohio St offers, a 6'3-6'4 QB who runs a 4.6 is the type of QB Ohio St seems to be going after these days

Fritts also has a TON of talent on the hardwood, kid will be playing in a major basketball confrence at some school, maybe not a top end but a middle of the road type

a kid to really watch for is Kyle Shurmur in a few years, some have him rated as high as the #3 Freshman QB in the country he's at St. Eds right now, YSU has already been in contact, he compares alot to Shane Morris, has above average speed for a QB 4.60, Above average arm and great accuracy, then again he is the grandson of Fritz Shumur and son of Pat Shurmur so he has the bloodlines and had alot of great coaching to learn from

I've seen the young freshman Shurmur twice in person.

He's very, very good. All the tools. Depends on how he grows. If he's over 6'2" he'll be a big time player. A special kid no doubt.

Here's hoping his mom isn't 5'2".

The curse of every great Italian athlete out there!!!!.....LOL.....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:35:21 PM by Pizza »

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 12:10:50 AM »

I've seen the young freshman Shurmur twice in person.

He's very, very good. All the tools. Depends on how he grows. If he's over 6'2" he'll be a big time player. A special kid no doubt.

Here's hoping his mom isn't 5'2".

The curse of every great Italian athlete out there!!!!.....LOL.....

he's already listed at 6'2
and yes he's very good, i forgot who it was, but on 570 one day they were talking about St. Eds and his name came up and it was a coach who was a HS coach for 21 years and CFB coach for 19 and said he's the best freshman QB he's ever seen in Ohio including better then Braxton Miller

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »
Looks good LOL!!  Another Scholly to the Offense on an already QB heavy roster  ???

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
he reminds more of a poor mans Tebow then Hess
including the ugly mechanics

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 03:55:32 PM »
I see your point 21, because he is throwing off the back of his arch ...really the heel. He seems to be rushing most of the time in the videos, so this may not be a problem. Now if he does this all the time, you could be right. Still, he is VERY much like Hess. We need to see him next year in camp and check his arm. We are clearly bringing him in as QB though ...no position changes with his size. I like what I see here so far. Like Hess ...he is what I call "Prostyle+"

Welcome NICK!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 03:56:16 PM by IAA Fan »