Non-YSU Sports and Other > Non YSU Sports

OT: Boosters

(1/4) > >>

YSUfan21:
after i heard this news

"...And a FWIW the Word on the street is Les Wexner (2.8 Bil net worth) and Jay Schottenstien (2.3 Bil net worth) are pushing Gene Smith to fire Fickel and Hire Meyer the day right after the Michigan game more and more and have already once threatened to no longer donate to the university..."

it got me to think, do we have any major boosters? and what would Strollo do in this situation?

Pizza:

--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 09, 2011, 11:51:03 AM ---after i heard this news

"...And a FWIW the Word on the street is Les Wexner (2.8 Bil net worth) and Jay Schottenstien (2.3 Bil net worth) are pushing Gene Smith to fire Fickel and Hire Meyer the day right after the Michigan game more and more and have already once threatened to no longer donate to the university..."

it got me to think, do we have any major boosters? and what would Strollo do in this situation?

--- End quote ---

I too heard that plan. And a number of folks are hoping for it. Not that Fickel is bad. But a Urban Meyer hire has "juice".....and a new great era begins. If it's gonna happen, here is hoping the story unfolds like described above.

YSUfan21:

--- Quote from: Pizza on October 09, 2011, 08:56:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUfan21 on October 09, 2011, 11:51:03 AM ---after i heard this news

--- End quote ---

I too heard that plan. And a number of folks are hoping for it. Not that Fickel is bad. But a Urban Meyer hire has "juice".....and a new great era begins. If it's gonna happen, here is hoping the story unfolds like described above.

--- End quote ---

Fickel is pretty bad, sure he's had a mess to coach in right now, but he's made more in game mistakes this year then i think Tressell ever made in his entire coaching career

guy just cant handle being a full time HC yet

IAA Fan:
Fickel was never meant to be head-coach ...so what is news about a move like this? I doubt there are any threats. If there were, the move will come much sooner than after the last game of the season. Coaching changes are always made at that time. JT knew well in advance he was going to Columbus ...weeeelllllll in advance. If the next coach is Myer ...then so does he.

Big D:
There isn't going to be a coaching change at OSU until their NCAA penalty is handed down.  No good coach is going to walk into that mess until he knows how many scholarships he is going to loose and how long their probation is going to be.  And with new violations popping up every few weeks, it could take quite awhile before the NCAA gives their ruling. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version