Author Topic: Stoops  (Read 13231 times)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Stoops
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
Stoops isn't the problem.. Are we serious on this!  All new guys playing kids that should have redshirted last year and the year before and we want all conference right out of the box..LOL Blaming Stoops...is ridiculous

Great Post YG ...some common sense. I would add that we needed to work more with existing players (2 years ago) & system ...but Wolf chose to start over. So we have to accept the time it is going to take.

I would only have one piece of advice for coach W. Stop blaming your players. You are working with HS kids, not NFL veterans. You are not going to "find some guys" ...you have to make them. It is called coaching. We are good fans ...we just want to see progress. No matter how slight.

Bingo!

Pay the man..... Shirley!!

Too much finger pointing for anyones' liking.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »
I like the finger pointing.  This is a real world we live in.  We don't need to cuddle these athletes.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
Pizza I agree with you on the point you trying to make. Stoops is not the problem!

Stoops 100% absolutley is a MAJOR Part of the problem
otherwise our D wouldnt be half as bad as it is

We'll have to agree to disagree then.Stoops' main "gig" is HS relations. He teaches at Boardman during the day, then shows up for practice in the afternoon. All concerned knew this was the amount of time YSU could reasonably expect from him.

If there is any problem with Stoops' it's that he's not coaching enough (not full-time). He has tremendous football knowledge and can "convey" it.....he has proven that in his career. Boardman was at their best when he was there. Mooney won 2 state titles and had 4-5 appearances in the state title game during his tenure. His dad also coached Mooney to 4 other state titles. He's was watching films on defense when he 6 years old. He has access to Oklahoma's, Florida State's, Arizona's, and Nebraskas' coaching staff with a simple phone call. And has had that for the last 15 years.

He is not the problem.

I still say this staff needs another 2 years....and we need to support the recruiting efforts. As kids (potential recruits) read message boards. It would be nice if Wolford could have gone 8-3 this year. So our small effort wouldn't be necessary. But it appears there was some overconfidence.

"Thank you Uncle Pizza"

s/Ronnie
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
I like the finger pointing.  This is a real world we live in.  We don't need to cuddle these athletes.

Yeah you tell him EL!

btw I have a finger I'd like to point at some of you.

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »
Pizza I agree with you on the point you trying to make. Stoops is not the problem!

Stoops 100% absolutley is a MAJOR Part of the problem
otherwise our D wouldnt be half as bad as it is

We'll have to agree to disagree then.Stoops' main "gig" is HS relations. He teaches at Boardman during the day, then shows up for practice in the afternoon. All concerned knew this was the amount of time YSU could reasonably expect from him.

If there is any problem with Stoops' it's that he's not coaching enough (not full-time). He has tremendous football knowledge and can "convey" it.....he has proven that in his career. Boardman was at their best when he was there. Mooney won 2 state titles and had 4-5 appearances in the state title game during his tenure. His dad also coached Mooney to 4 other state titles. He's was watching films on defense when he 6 years old. He has access to Oklahoma's, Florida State's, Arizona's, and Nebraskas' coaching staff with a simple phone call. And has had that for the last 15 years.

He is not the problem.

I still say this staff needs another 2 years....and we need to support the recruiting efforts. As kids (potential recruits) read message boards. It would be nice if Wolford could have gone 8-3 this year. So our small effort wouldn't be necessary. But it appears there was some overconfidence.

"Thank you Uncle Pizza"

s/Ronnie

Lol.....that was good. Stoops doesn't need my help. If anything, his strong personalty may be an issue with the current staff. He's not used to being a part time guy. He's been running the show for the last 20 years at the HS level. It's hard to go back and take orders and bite your toungue.

I'm just speculating here.

Just give this team and staff time. I have the utmost confidence they'll get going.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
Stoops is helping Buffano coach the LBs.  All 3 starters and some 2nd team are Freshmen.

Ronnie and Frank can really get in people's faces, just hope they don't get in WOlf's too much.  I want continued employment for them.

I am hoping that the blown coverages have been mental mistakes (90% sure they are) and not lack of skills.

They'll get if fixed.