Author Topic: YSU v SDSU (Sat).postgame comments/post-mortum  (Read 17779 times)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU v SDSU (Sat).postgame comments/post-mortum
« on: October 08, 2011, 05:42:16 PM »
Had to rename the original thread.

Here's how I feel....... :o

That's the best I can do right now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:08:44 PM by Pizza »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU v SDSU (Sat).postgame comments/post-mortum
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:46:01 PM »
South Dakota State is a bad football team this year.  We are much worse.  Last week Happy Penguin suggested that he failed to see much progress this year.  After today, reasonable men and women might openly express doubts about Wolford's ability to return us to national prominence.  Don't get me wrong.  There are plenty of valid reasons why schools should adhere to the unwritten three year rule as head coaches try to establish their programs.  But that does not prevent fans from forming opinions and worrying about lack of progress.  Wolford brags about the abilities of his staff.  Do you see any evidence of coaching excellence?  Perhaps on offense, but not even there today.  Are you concerned when you see running backs drag our undersized freshmen linebackers for three or four yards after contact?  Can you explain why Jimmy Mayes is playing cornerback besides the fact that he is an "athlete" and a local kid?  Perhaps it is his highly developed cover skills?

Pizza suggested on another thread that one or two recruiting classes will solve our problems.  I sure hope so.  But something deep inside is nagging me tonight: this football team is worse than Heacock's last edition in 2009.  And we all remember how fond we were of that bunch and their head coach.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 08:49:48 PM »
Looks like St. Francis may be our only other game we will win.   I am now calling for Wolford at years end to fire all the defensive coaches as they all SUCK.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 12:22:20 AM »
The offense score enough points to win.  The D is clueless.  They don't jam the receivers.  Thy just let them run their routes.  Pisses me off.  By the way, whree are our LB's????

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 01:36:03 AM »
The offense score enough points to win.  The D is clueless.  They don't jam the receivers.  Thy just let them run their routes.  Pisses me off.  By the way, whree are our LB's????

Here's how I feel.......

That's the best I can do right now. ??? :'( :-\ :-X :-[ ::)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 09:09:27 AM »
Extra Points:

• YSU Completed only 25% of their third-down attempts; while the defense allowed the Jack Rabbits to complete almost 70% of theirs.
  • Hess threw two interceptions in the game. He also threw four-straight incompletions in the Penguin's final drive.
  • The Penguins lost the battle of possession, and had 8 penalties, in the contest..
  • The Penguins final five drives went into SDSU's side of the field, but none could produce any points.
  • YSU is now 0-3 in field goals

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:15:29 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
Just a poor overall performance by the D after a bye week...but with how many freshman starting on D ...WHAT can we really expect?  If we don't see improvement as we get to November..then maybe we need to bring a new D coach...but we are playing so many green players...Rodgers, Williams, Mayes, Senter, DAvis...Seriously...this is a recipe for disaster on D.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »
Heres a stat line...we havent made a FG this year...I thought the one we missed late in the game yesterday..was a big momentum changer 44yds out...
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 09:14:04 AM »
By the way, where are our LB's????

Out looking for CB's that have any idea how to cover.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »
For the life of me I can not understand why we did keep up the pressure on their QB like we did in the 3rd qtr. The last two scores they had we just sat back and let him have all the time in the world.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 10:38:37 AM »
We are not tough....no toughness...no tenacity....no meanness....no balls....no attitude...no guts....not sure what this team is made...

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 10:45:04 AM »
This team plays the way most play now.  The stupid spread takes away all aggressiveness.  Linemen zone block, no dominance in our running game any longer.

Defensively we have some vertically challenged people out there.  We look small and slow in the front seven.

Couldn't we have helped May out a bit on the two td passes?  Secondary play is not my specialy but if the safety helps on the deepest man, we obviously didn't do that yesterday.

Very disappointed with the OL play.  They rush THREE on the last drive, and SUBS at that on a couple plays and still get pressure on the QB?  C'mon Man.

For all the accolades etc that our OL get they didn't get the job done yesterday.  Not even close.

So taking everything into account WOlford is right there is enough blame to go around.  Including him and his staff.

p.s.  Shout outs to Bogerd, Tez, LaTess,Andy and Vecch.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »
We are not tough....no toughness...no tenacity....no meanness....no balls....no attitude...no guts....not sure what this team is made...

As your bro so astutely said

"Cupcakes, get your YSU cupcakes, right here"
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 11:33:23 AM »
Extra Points:

• YSU Completed only 25% of their third-down attempts; while the defense allowed the Jack Rabbits to complete almost 70% of theirs.
  • Hess threw two interceptions in the game. He also threw four-straight incompletions in the Penguin's final drive.
  • The Penguins lost the battle of possession, and had 8 penalties, in the contest..
  • The Penguins final five drives went into SDSU's side of the field, but none could produce any points.
  • YSU is now 0-3 in field goals

he threw 4 straight incompletions the final set of downs, not the final drive

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:32 AM »
Heres a stat line...we havent made a FG this year...I thought the one we missed late in the game yesterday..was a big momentum changer 44yds out...

the only reason is was a momentum changer is because we gave up a 73 yard TD pass 10 seconds later

stop that pass and who knows how the game turns out