Author Topic: Predictions  (Read 15950 times)

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Predictions
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:06:08 PM »
Okay folks. It is time ...

Guins 42-27 & Tressel DOES show up.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:06:50 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:28:28 PM »
Much to my disappointment, Coach Tressel will not be here. 
Sorry as I shall be. 

We shall win over South Dakota State, by a smidgen.
My crystal ball does not do numbers, so I can't offer
a score prediction.  (It's old)

But oh my gosh, the day should be beautiful.  I'll be happy
as a lark to tailgate, celebrate, and integrate.....life never
could be much better, at least in my corner of the world.

GO PENGUINS

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 07:39:15 PM »
35-22 guins
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »
Tressel is not at the game  :-[

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »

I don't think he'll show his lying, cheating sweatervest in public much anymore

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 11:43:23 PM »

I don't think he'll show his lying, cheating sweatervest in public much anymore

im 100% sure he will be in youngstown and columbus as often as he can be and still be loved by 99% of YSU/Ohio St fans

dont forget if the Players dont commit the Crime then Tressel never gets in trouble to begin with

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
Think you're wrong on that one 21.  He lied to the NCAA several times and withheld info to protect a season.  He brought sanctions to YSU, O$U, and has proven to have turned a blind eye for his entire coaching stint in Cbus.  He knew what he was doing and got caught.  Dirty laundry keeps showing up in Cbus and St Tre$$le knew what was going on the whole time.  Win at all costs is his motto.  He's the main reason O$u's football program is in the crapper right now

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 10:07:41 AM »
Go Guins,

What crime did Tressel commit?  Crime? Really? He violated a contractual agreement when he didn't report information that he was required to regarding player "benefits".  Breaking the law is a crime.  No laws were broken.

The players are making the university hundreds of millions of dollars and they can't sell the items they earned because the NCAA says so?  That should be against the law.

Bottom line is that ESPN WANTED a controversy.  Yahoo, ESPN, & SI had to camp out for more than 6 months to dig up dirt and they found some players getting benefits that the NCAA (a communist organization) says they are not allowed to have according to the them.  I guarantee you that this is happening all over college football.

The worst part is that North Carolina has prostitutes paired up with their new recruits and it barely mad the news.  Prostitution is a crime in NC.

This is all about the money that ESPN didn't get when Delaney started the B1G network. Get a clue.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:12:33 AM by penguinpower »

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 10:44:41 AM »
Think you're wrong on that one 21.  He lied to the NCAA several times and withheld info to protect a season.  He brought sanctions to YSU, O$U, and has proven to have turned a blind eye for his entire coaching stint in Cbus.  He knew what he was doing and got caught.  Dirty laundry keeps showing up in Cbus and St Tre$$le knew what was going on the whole time.  Win at all costs is his motto.  He's the main reason O$u's football program is in the crapper right now

Go ...he is also the reason for the greatest success the program has seen in decades ...maybe ever. You need to to stop being so Michigan; swimming peacefully in the pool of unjustified, unfair, and relentless attacks against Jim Tressel, and your hated Buckeyes. Ask Woody why he hated Michigan so much. Ask me why I hate teams from Florida so much. Do you wonder why all the greatest SEC coaches come from Ohio? Do you think UM is the most successful program in modern time because they play by the rules? You can live in the "it is because they win" dream world all you want. Tressel will probably go down as one of the (if not THE) greatest coaches of all time ...and rightfully so. These words are coming from me; a man that was more than ready for him to leave YSU when he did. In fact, it should have happened just after 1997 & my ONLY football team (YSU) would not be in the shape it is right now ...but that is a topic for another thread.

ESPN wants coach T's reputation destroyed because they are media & certainly not attending religious services on Sundays ...hating those that do. Especially those that wear the only "true Emperor's clothes", and look good in them. The media is looking to do long-term damage here ...not report the news. Before we get into why ...what is ESPN's relationship with the SEC again? To accomplish this vendetta,  they had to set up camp in Columbus for years & dig more deeply than they ever did before ...and what did they come up with ...NOTHING that could justify the expense. I lived in Youngstown when Tressel was here ...and Columbus when he was there. He has anyone and everyone behind him in both communities. My daughter speaks for many her age when she says that Tressel is the only coach she has ever known. Players came and went, but Tressel was always there ...and that's the way it should be.

For you Myer-loving uninformed out there ...why is such a successful coach 'out' at Florida so corrup ...errhhh abrup ...tly? Wow, a man that had such serious medical problem that he could no longer coach ...doctor says he must stop immediately. No wait, first it was that he needed a rest ...then he would return to UF. Then it was that he would finish out a year and then have to retire to prevent the stress of an SEC program from killing him. Of course that serious heart issue could make it one more year. Now, he would be ever so happy to come out of retirement to take over a position that is even more stressful than the one he left, for stress reasons, in Florida. Of course ESPN will never tarnish him at UF ..nor will they at OSU, because Myer always plays by the rules. Life is so good when you do what the media tells you isn't it? By the way ...where does Myer work now?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:51:05 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »

he only lied because of his players who got in trouble in the first place

is that really that hard for you to understand? if the players dont get in trouble, theres nothing for Tressel to lie about to get in trouble

its really that 100% simple, not to mention the Feds had asked Tressel not to disclose the info to the NCAA for period of time because the FBI had their own case going on but funny how you leave that 100% out, you also left out the part where 99% of the alligations were proven wrong and the only thing Tressel EVER did wrong in his time at Ohio St was not report the Tat 5 Right away as proven by the NCAA

let me know when you get your facts straight, then maybe someday you will be taken seriously

sorry but i dont see what Tressel did wrong and hope he comes back to Ohio St or even YSU some day, Great coach, one of the best college football has ever had and a great person 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 11:40:55 AM by YSUfan21 »

Offline YSUfan21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 11:45:25 AM »

Go ...he is also the reason for the greatest success the program has seen in decades ...maybe ever. You need to to stop being so Michigan; swimming peacefully in the pool of unjustified, unfair, and relentless attacks against Jim Tressel, and your hated Buckeyes. Ask Woody why he hated Michigan so much. Ask me why I hate teams from Florida so much. Do you wonder why all the greatest SEC coaches come from Ohio? Do you think UM is the most successful program in modern time because they play by the rules? You can live in the "it is because they win" dream world all you want. Tressel will probably go down as one of the (if not THE) greatest coaches of all time ...and rightfully so. These words are coming from me; a man that was more than ready for him to leave YSU when he did. In fact, it should have happened just after 1997 & my ONLY football team (YSU) would not be in the shape it is right now ...but that is a topic for another thread.

ESPN wants coach T's reputation destroyed because they are media & certainly not attending religious services on Sundays ...hating those that do. Especially those that wear the only "true Emperor's clothes", and look good in them. The media is looking to do long-term damage here ...not report the news. Before we get into why ...what is ESPN's relationship with the SEC again? To accomplish this vendetta,  they had to set up camp in Columbus for years & dig more deeply than they ever did before ...and what did they come up with ...NOTHING that could justify the expense. I lived in Youngstown when Tressel was here ...and Columbus when he was there. He has anyone and everyone behind him in both communities. My daughter speaks for many her age when she says that Tressel is the only coach she has ever known. Players came and went, but Tressel was always there ...and that's the way it should be.

For you Myer-loving uninformed out there ...why is such a successful coach 'out' at Florida so corrup ...errhhh abrup ...tly? Wow, a man that had such serious medical problem that he could no longer coach ...doctor says he must stop immediately. No wait, first it was that he needed a rest ...then he would return to UF. Then it was that he would finish out a year and then have to retire to prevent the stress of an SEC program from killing him. Of course that serious heart issue could make it one more year. Now, he would be ever so happy to come out of retirement to take over a position that is even more stressful than the one he left, for stress reasons, in Florida. Of course ESPN will never tarnish him at UF ..nor will they at OSU, because Myer always plays by the rules. Life is so good when you do what the media tells you isn't it? By the way ...where does Myer work now?

first its Meyer, second all the stuff happend to Ohio St supposedly went down early 2010, which is when Meyer said he needed a break, then he retired after last year, i think theres a very good chance he know something about the Ohio St situation since he always had it in all of his coaching contracts that he could leave for Ohio St at any point and he just needed an excuse to be out at Florida and Free for Ohio St to contact and hire him

sure Meyer has medical problems, ok so what? Woody Hayes punched a player yet he's the most loved coach in Ohio St history. the Fact doesnt change all Meyer does is win and he hasnt been hit with any type of major NCAA violation which shows he can run a clean program

he also isnt afraid to kick some kids off the team for Grads and off field issues which was my biggest problem with Tressel.

Meyer will coach next year, at Ohio St or Penn St

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »

first its Meyer, second all the stuff happend to Ohio St supposedly went down early 2010, which is when Meyer said he needed a break, then he retired after last year, i think theres a very good chance he know something about the Ohio St situation since he always had it in all of his coaching contracts that he could leave for Ohio St at any point and he just needed an excuse to be out at Florida and Free for Ohio St to contact and hire him

sure Meyer has medical problems, ok so what? Woody Hayes punched a player yet he's the most loved coach in Ohio St history. the Fact doesnt change all Meyer does is win and he hasnt been hit with any type of major NCAA violation which shows he can run a clean program

he also isnt afraid to kick some kids off the team for Grads and off field issues which was my biggest problem with Tressel.

Meyer will coach next year, at Ohio St or Penn St

You are almost there 21. Keep going and you will say exactly what I mean.

As to Woody. He would have a lifetime sanction from the NCAA, and jail, if he did this today. If ESPN/SI spent one day in Florida, doing what they have done to OSU ...Myer and UofF would not see the light of a post-season day in this half of the century. Should that day ever come ...the day after Myer is hired at OSU, I will be wearing maze and blue for the next Michigan game (unless it falls on a home day for my team, then it is red & white of course).

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »
For all you Tressel apologists out there, why wasn't he at the game yesterday to celebrate one of his first big achievements with his former players he supposedly cares so much about?  Too busy to show up? 

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2011, 05:28:55 PM »
Go, there is no apologizing ...it is people waiting for someone (in authority, not media) to tell them what is so wrong that he has to step down. No one has yet done so ...not even Tressel in his resignation address. I grew up an SC fan ...yet I hate anything and everything about Pete Carrol ...almost since the day he started. I watched my team become the Lakers. Heck did Jack buy a seat at the Coliseum? Yet Carrol was so successful. Why do I dislike him? Character ...or lack of it. Tressel believes in a higher-calling and does have moral authority; but like many overly-religious ...he can be a bit naive. Yet, the dedication is unquestionable. He truly loves things like his players saying prayers together, and singing the Alma-mater. He used to email Ray Isaac psalms. He eats, sleeps and drinks OSU, and did the same while here at YSU. He is the last of his kind and ESPN knows this. He will be the butt of family guy jokes next ...this is how your media works.

There are plenty of people down here in Columbus that wanted to put Tressel out-to-pasture for losing those title games. However, I think that you will find most all of those same people support him to this day, in this current situation. You just simply have to know the man. It is not a win-at-any cost attitude ...it is simply doing the best that you can, with what you have been given. I agree about the coach not showing Go; but it is words like yours that is the reason why. Besides, you would have not even expected him to show if he was still employed ...so that is a little unfair is it not? "..well golly gee wizz coach, since you're not doing anything these days ...how about an appearance?" Tressel was at the dedication of the new wing and at the crowning of WATTS.

Just so everyone knows ..I am only a YSU fan. So I am fairly unbiased. When Tressel left YSU ...Heacock became my man. When Heacock left ...Wolford became my man. I eat sleep and drink YSU sports only. If YSU does not play it, I don't care about it. I cheered for Nebraska last night. Why? Their head coach is from Youngstown. I could honestly care less about the entire Big-10. Without Tressel ...I do not like OSU any more, or less, than UM. To me they are the same, and both symbolic of why I hate the BCS level of football. Which is why I do a YSU site/board ...and not something for the Big-10. The greater issue for me, right now, is what is happening to my football program.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:38:18 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
Excellent rebuttal on the Tressel comments. JT is a fine person and has not committed any crime. You must know him to understand that he is good moral man and with good intentions. Players violated NCAA rules and Tressel made a mistake by not informing the proper persons.