Author Topic: Hypocrisy  (Read 7288 times)

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
Hypocrisy
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:11:02 PM »
Does anyone else find it very interesting that the same Lefties who were just shocked and awed by the so-called "torture" of waterboarding and rendition, now find it perfectly acceptable that a USA born American citizen was assassinated without all the due process and rights afforded to all Americans?

For the record I am 100% in favor of what we did to Al Awlaki.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

On a related note the avowed radical leftist down in Columbus, Bob Hagan is co-sponsoring a bill to abolish the death penalty statute in Ohio.  This is the same Hagan who is staunchly pro-abortion.  How does that make sense?

This country is f'd up.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:33 AM »
I could'nt agree more. Of course our agreement makes the converse also hypocritical. That is, a bunch of righties who oppose abortion then turn around and cheer the prospect of letting a man without insurance die or cheering a Texas gov. who boasts of presiding over a record number of executions.

Hypocracy is unavoidable when we adhere to extremist political views . My side is always right and ther can be no truth in the views of the other side. The truth is always somewhere in the middle which means we are both right and wrong.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 01:06:29 PM »
Pen4

I am a conservative fiscally and on Defense, a moderate socially.  I don't consider myself a pure Republican at all.  With that being said I do feel very strongly that the "Obama Way" is the wrong way.  We would have been much better off with Clinton.

I wouldn't brand the whole of the Republican party based on the actions of the Perry goofballs at that debate.

My original post should have referenced "Liberal Media" rather than all to the left.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:17:43 PM »
I get so tired of the lame comparison of abortion and capital punishment. Thinking that being pro life and pro capital punishment at the same time is hypocritical, is total BS.

Abortion is the taking of a life, aka murder, of a human that certainly has not had an opportunity to break any laws.

Capital punishment is for a person who has made a conscience decision to break the law and knows the consequences of such an act.

No comparison.

If it helps we could say that capital punishment is simply "post birth abortion".

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:34:37 PM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »
I get so tired of the lame comparison of abortion and capital punishment. Thinking that being pro life and pro capital punishment at the same time is hypocritical, is total BS.

Abortion is the taking of a life, aka murder, of a human that certainly has not had an opportunity to break any laws.

Capital punishment is for a person who has made a conscience decision to break the law and knows the consequences of such an act.

No comparison.

If it helps we could say that capital punishment is simply "post birth abortion".

So true. It is so simple, yet people try to "cloud the waters". We are watching the fish (news) in the liberal media fish tank. If you feed us too much, the water become cloudy from all the ammonia in the BS. If you continue to over feed, the fish just die. Unfortunately this happened during the Nixon administration, so anyone born mid-60's or later has no idea what is being shoved down their throats.

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
I thought we were talking about the sanctioty of life period. Besides the only crime the man without insurance committed was........not having insurance. And the republican audience reponse was cheering. No really check out Somalia this sort of attitude would fit in well.