Author Topic: Indy St.  (Read 5869 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Indy St.
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:17:52 PM »
Good game against a bad WKU team. What's the thinking on this one?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Indy St.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »
Indiana State finally has a competent, aggressive coach who has certainly lifted them out of the status of laughingstock.  He got real lucky when he was able to snatch the transfer from Washington for his qb.  Not sure how dangerous they would be without him.

I watched some of their game with WKU.  WKU has no quarterback and their offensive line is quite poor.  They have only won four games since they left our conference and have dropped a staggering total of 17 straight home games.  They folded rapidly when they got several touchdowns behind.

As impressive as Indiana State was in that game, their first two outings left much to be desired.  They did not compete against the Penn State team that almost lost to Temple.  Against Butler, they led by a point at halftime before putting the game away in the third quarter.  Butler of course is another defacto D3 team.  I am reasonably sure that we have more overall talent, but Wolford must now prove that he can win on the road.  Logically, this is our best chance with Southern Illinois, UNI, and NDSU to follow.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »
Some good points, WKU looks like a good game but the stats were a lot closer then the score, WKU had too many turnovers.

Indy does scare me a bit, they are hungry and headed in the right direction. We need a good start to set the tone.

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »
I'm really excited about this game!  Who would of though Indiana state would put a scare into a YSU fan.  I must say it's nice knowing they have started to turn the program around.  I guess it gives hope to all YSU Basketball fans.  As long as our D can slow down isub, we should be able to make a statement. 
"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 01:00:22 PM »
Somebody keep an eye on cochran.  Last road trip he went on with us he attacked a group of students.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »
Last year Hess threw 4 ints against these guys, and our D gave up 5 plays of 30 yards or more.  No way either of those happen again.           YSU 31 - 21

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 02:49:29 PM »
As guin4 stated; turnovers killed us last year, but there is no doubt Indiana State has improved from the days of old! Our passing defense still has holes and ISU's QB will find many of them. Hopefully we will get a couple turnovers this year.

All in all YSU will prevail in a squeaker.  YSU 30 - ISU 27

Go Penguins we need this away victory!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 10:29:55 PM »
As guin4 stated; turnovers killed us last year, but there is no doubt Indiana State has improved from the days of old! Our passing defense still has holes and ISU's QB will find many of them. Hopefully we will get a couple turnovers this year.

All in all YSU will prevail in a squeaker.  YSU 30 - ISU 27

Go Penguins we need this away victory!

Yea with some of the away games we have later in the season, getting a win on Sat would be big.