Author Topic: This weeks game  (Read 13569 times)

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
This weeks game
« on: September 14, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »
Any brave, score predictions???????

IP ..... What are they saying in the betting world????

GO PENGUINS

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: This weeks game
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:47 PM »
YSU by 12 - pick the numbers
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:09:46 AM »
Any brave, score predictions???????

IP ..... What are they saying in the betting world????

GO PENGUINS

Hey good lookin :)

I'll say YSU 42-21  fb

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:31:32 AM »
YSU has opened as an 8 1/2 point favorite. Should be one of those 45-41 games with last team with the ball winning.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:30:48 AM »
On the coach's show last night Wolf praised their passing game and the experience of their QB.

He also said they average only giving up single digits rush per game and had 8 sacks last week? A check of the MVFC page verifies...0.2 yards per carry with a TON of sacks. They haven't played patsies either, EIU and Morehead. 337 yards against passing per game so they have some holes there it seems.

I'm not sure we can take too much from these stats, I can't see us being held to single-digits on the ground after last years output.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 11:01:46 AM »
On the coach's show last night Wolf praised their passing game and the experience of their QB.

He also said they average only giving up single digits rush per game and had 8 sacks last week? A check of the MVFC page verifies...0.2 yards per carry with a TON of sacks. They haven't played patsies either, EIU and Morehead. 337 yards against passing per game so they have some holes there it seems.

I'm not sure we can take too much from these stats, I can't see us being held to single-digits on the ground after last years output.

Huh?? EIU and MSU are not world beaters.  They lost to EIU a traditional passing team and beat a non scholly MSU. 

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:24 AM »
I posted this in another thread, but thought it would go well here. I think IP is correct is in his prediction of all offense & last man standing wins. However, I think we have the ability to win by a rather large margin here.

They have 3 good runners. They use the WR, just as we do. The number is their rank in conference.
 4. Marvon Sanders, Illinois St.   
 8. Ashton Leggett, Illinois St.           
19. Lechein Neblett, Illinois St.

We have to get some penetration to stop that WR from running on us. We have to stay with Leggett all the time. Last year, we would let him go after the play fake & then they would dump the ball to him after we let him get wide opened.  Remember last year Leggett would take the toss very far back and build up a head of steam" against us.

6. Julian Burton, Missouri St.   
Seems to be gifted in kick returns ...averaging over 21.

Clearly we need to contain. The first two game we have been FAR FAR better in coverage this season than last. However, our kicks are not were we want them so far in 2011.

QB: Matt Brown
We know he is good. He throws more TD's than anyone in the conference. Yet still has a passer rating over 170 ...so far. He will test our secondary. He throws to everyone. He uses Sander and Walker equally.

On the other side of the ball they have a pair of good linebackers ... Howe and Davis.

They bring on lots of pressure. ILS has 5 of the top-10 in tackles-for-loss in the conference. Granted it is early, but that is impressive. 7 different redbirds have sacks in just 2-games. They lead the conference in both categories. Rushers have not had success against them so far. I do not feel they have faced the depth that we have back their as of yet. Try that 2-back set we used last week & force them to bring a line-backer forward.

They have weaknesses ...they are:

Pass efficiency is not great,
They have forced 3 fumbles, but have given up 1-more.
Their secondary is quite suspect. Hess needs to keep it under control, and wait for his opportunities, and  think there will be plenty.

All this being said, I suspect coach M will let the offense run out of the throw to confuse those dbacks.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »
38 - 28 Guins

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »

Huh?? EIU and MSU are not world beaters.  They lost to EIU a traditional passing team and beat a non scholly MSU.

As to EIU, they have a mission, as Spoo announced his retirement. As to Morehead ...ILS scored on the first 4 possessions of the first half, and first 3 of the second half. They had no issues. We need to be focused and the 12th man has to be ready to play. So I will see all of you there?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 05:46:41 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
I think this is going to be a lower scoring battle.  Both defenses have been improved.  I think it is going to be something like 23-14 Penguins get the W

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »

Yeah I had Morehead confused with someone else in my head, you're right they're nothing special.

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:48 PM »
Happy, have you been hitting the Yingling again?

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
Happy, have you been hitting the Yingling again?
Yeah I'm like a choc-o-holic, only with beer.

Anyway, I'm looking for something like 31-27 Guins.

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
YSU by 10.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31:45 PM »
Since I started this thread, thought I better give my prediction.

Dah!   What can I say.  We could win by 30 or lose by 20.  I honestly don't
have a clue.  Tho IP says the bookies are doing the 8-1/2 thing....they don't
actually have their finger on the pulse of YSU.

SO I'm going to say.....IP I agree.....the last team with the ball will win, if they
are one point ahead.

If I see the sun rise, I'll be there.  HOPEFULLY we shall see ALL our friends in
the lot.

GO PENGUINS