Author Topic: Players Caught  (Read 14727 times)

Offline RumorMills

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Players Caught
« on: July 16, 2011, 09:11:52 PM »
After my usually round of golf at The Lake Club today.... A so called booster told me some new dirt on our penguin athletes.

A Men's basketball player has been caught taking and selling drugs to other YSU athletes. Now I have no idea if this it true or not... but supposedly he was selling them to athletes on the football team and his own teammates! WOW! All the player that have bought the drugs have been ratted out to administration and the coaches. Something must be done about this! Either all the athletes are drug tested or dismissed from the athletic programs. Our are already known for being bad performance wise - administration needs to make and example out of these kids and not just let them slide thru. Letting them slide thru will not stop any of the kids from taking drugs. Who's responsibility is it to control or educate the athletes on sports performance or street drugs? Is the the Coaches? Athletic Trainers? Administration? Someone needs fired if you ask me - If the last 4 years there has been 4 or 5 related issues with drugs and YSU athletics. Some action needs to be taken. If we want druggies on our teams then we should recruit downtown youngstown - We need to mold our athletes into upstanding citizens.

On a side note - I have not read anything on the website about and football team and community service! The last thing I read about was when Heacock was coach. These coaches need to stop preaching about winning and preach about character. 

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Players Caught
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 09:51:45 PM »
If you care about this program......you don't post unsubstantiated rumors.

Nobody wins by doing that. The bell can't be "unrung".

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
What Pizza said.  It amazes me how so-called fans willingly trash our programs by publicizing unsubstantiated charges. 

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
I'm not familiar with the Lake Club, just where is that? This is RumorMills one and only post. RumorMills profile location is listed as the Lake Club. Smells kind of fishy, but then again that smell does get penguins excited. 

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
i did a google search and it's located in poland, oh. what do expect what comes from him. just look at his name rumormills. this thread should be deleted out until there is truth to anything

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:27:02 PM »
The Lake Club is a golf course over in Butler County PA. We really cannot delete a post that we do not like. I do not know anything of this though. You are right, it does seem "fishy".

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 10:35:49 PM »
The Lake Golf Club is not in Butler County. That is The Lake Arthur Country Club. If you Google Lake Golf Club it's in Poland,Oh. I didn't say i didn't like the thread. I said to delete it if the rumors weren't true.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:39:10 PM »
The Lake Club is a golf course over in Butler County PA. We really cannot delete a post that we do not like. I do not know anything of this though. You are right, it does seem "fishy".

1AA - the lake club is located on south ave extension south of western reserve road. Owned by Muransky I believe.

Regardless, would be nice to know if this is true or not, but nice of the board to be open minded enough to let it ride for now.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 03:57:36 PM »
Poland players never pan out anyway.  They all quit when the going gets tough.  Look at the track record of thier FB players over the last 10 years.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 05:44:59 PM »
Can't believe what I am reading. 

Someone who has no first hand information posts something to BLACK BALL the University with utter gossip from a golf course outing/  IF,  in my opinion, they had any common decency, would have kept the story to themselves.  I, for example, went to a gathering of devoted YSU fans last evening, never mentioned this gossip......you know why......IT IS GOSSIP.......  GOSSIP of this sort  BREEDS HATRED.

Is that perhaps .......the goal of the poster??????????

GO PENGUINS

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 07:31:26 PM »
Poland players never pan out anyway.  They all quit when the going gets tough.  Look at the track record of thier FB players over the last 10 years.
Truer words have never been spoken. And it just isn't football with the Poland "athletes." Also men's bkb (Fender) and women's bkb (Gaudiose) who were quitters.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 10:04:39 PM »

Where did this come from?

Maybe it is time for this thread to just go away
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 10:16:49 PM »
It would appear that the source got the rumor from the Poland metropolitan area.  Read into it.

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »
This rumors is just sad to read.  Please remove this item from the board.  I don't believe that a "booster" would come out and say these things with out some proof (name names).  Let's see, maybe I can start one myself by saying the Pete the Penguin and Penny are now separated and seeking a divorce. A "booster" told me this while fishing at Lake Glacier.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »
I am not one for censorship, but when someone posts this kind of unsubstantiated bullsh**, I would recommend taking it down.  This type of post is not constructive to the kids, the football program, the athletic department, and the university. 

This is the same crap that SI, Yahoo, and ESPN publishes.........unsubstantiated rumors that they claim as investigative reporting.  Please take it down