Author Topic: Players Caught  (Read 14745 times)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Players Caught
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 08:15:10 PM »
I am slowing losing my respect for some of the people who post on here. I've quietly read over the last two years your comments, some were good..... some were bad, most seemed well thought out.  And most were knowledgeable. YSU fans know football.......at least most of them do.

But I will humbly tell you folks, if you don't know where the Lake Club is.....if you don't know Ed Muransky (Mooney) owns it, if you don't know he made a "cow field" into a beautiful track......if you don't know he has donated his cash to the Poland Library and the Poland HS program.........and if you don't know of some very good athletes who have worked their butts off from Poland like Bill Duggan and Gannon Hulea.....(great kids all).....than IMHO.....you shouldn't be posting on here. Because you do not know of what you speak.

No disrespect intended....but the people I've mentioned above have made an impact and contributed greatly to the YSU program. And they have done it the proper way.

When we aggressively attain and dilgently maintain the tradition of people and athletes who CARE about this great program locally, which Coach Wolf is actively doing, than we are on the right track.

That's just my humble ......AND INFORMED......opinion.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:42:22 PM by Pizza »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 06:36:38 AM »
There are going to be all types of people posting on here ...good and bad. Knowledgeable and not so knowledgeable. We cannot just delete every thread we do not like. I agree it is unsubstantiated, but let's just leave it alone, and it will drop off by itself.

As to people not knowing about Ed Muransky, and golf courses. No big deal. Just tell us ...that is what the board is for ...to help keep us more informed. You do not teach a student by first saying they are stupid, then why? Are you going to refuse someone from posting because they do not know these things? Are you going to refuse him a beer in the tailgate lots because he does not golf (therefore not know or care about golf courses in the area)? Are you going to refuse him a seat at a YSU football game because he does not know info on benefactors? By me typing this, I just push the thread back up to the top.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
I find it it kind of funny everytime something conterversial is posted the other site makes a comment that how stupid it is...makes you wonder who is posting the stuff..my guess its the other site....i don't know why we can't all get along.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 07:27:59 PM »
YSUGO

As soon as everyone GROWS UP, we will ALL get along.
You know when that will be....the second Tuesday of
next week..... NEVER, it will never happen.  People are
born to argue about stuff that doesn't even matter 

Give some credit tho, at least they realize hearsay should
not have been posted to begin with.  YSU deals with enough
problems that are for real, hearsay stuff is not needed.

Just my opinion; but then I'm an "oldie", (not me, just my
years on earth).
GO PENGUINS

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:56 AM »
YSUGO

As soon as everyone GROWS UP, we will ALL get along.
You know when that will be....the second Tuesday of
next week..... NEVER, it will never happen.  People are
born to argue about stuff that doesn't even matter 

Give some credit tho, at least they realize hearsay should
not have been posted to begin with.  YSU deals with enough
problems that are for real, hearsay stuff is not needed.
Just my opinion; but then I'm an "oldie", (not me, just my
years on earth).
GO PENGUINS

I agree.  Will I see you and Ray in Carbondale??  :-*

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2011, 11:30:46 AM »
I never knew we did not get along. I do not even know the people  fb  All we have to do is stop posting and it will fall off the page and out of everyone's mind. I do not want to delete the post though, as you said Pita, at least people are smart enough to see the difference.

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »
BigRed.....tho we are both well; doubtful we'll go to Carbondale, but
at least I've learned, never say never.

Hope you and yours are well and happy.

GO PENGUINS

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2011, 01:51:18 PM »
For me if you are not interested in Golf , Football and Beer, then why bother even waking up in the a.m.

I have a "ton" of rumors and so-called inside info rattling around in my head for the last 12 years.  Some true, some ridiculous, but all privileged.

I had some beers with a YSU asst coach last Thursday and I won't repeat one word of what was said, well except for "sure I'll have another one".

Posting about something a "booster" told you at a golf outing is absurd.

Hell, Ray once told me the ACLU was a boon to this country and look how that's turning out.

(ps:  I mean "boon" as "advantage" per se.) ;)

Can't wait for the beer margaritas Darrell, and the Manhattans, Pita.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!