Author Topic: Question about WATTS center  (Read 7653 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Question about WATTS center
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:11:38 AM »
For those of you with access to the athletic department, has any tentative date been established for an "open house" for the WATTS center, once it (finally) is completed?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Question about WATTS center
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »
In my opinion, I suspect the Tressel issues have something to do with it. I was hoping the opening would be in July (as it is scheduled to be) and he can come. I know they put the block "Y" up last Monday. To me, that means we are about done  :D

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 10:42:32 PM »
For those of you with access to the athletic department, has any tentative date been established for an "open house" for the WATTS center, once it (finally) is completed?

Come on, they have to be close, any word yet on an open house?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 12:35:31 AM »
For those of you so interested.  Work is being performed to complete all of the center's interior office area. This work includes drywall, tile, electrical, plumbing, doors, windows, painting, ac & heating duct work, etc.  Exterior work includes the extension of the west outside retaining street wall since the roadway was found to be in need of shoring up so that flood and road erosion will not cause a later problem.  This erosion was a new development because of the rains we had during the spring. Finally the addition of the maintenance/equipment storage addition has just been framed in on the east side of the building.  This addition, compliments of the Penguin club, will greatly increase team equipment access to the center as well as keep all the needed equipment safe when not needed.  This area will be similar to the equipment entrances at the Covelli Center.  Our state of the art building will be ready soon.  Patience my fine feathered friends.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 11:34:23 AM »
ELPENGUIN:

Thanks for the comprehensive update on the WATTS building. It sure has been a long time getting the WATTS Center up and running. I am looking forward to visiting in mid August.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 04:47:17 PM »
ELPENGUIN,

Do they still plan to put seating in above the office area?

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 11:35:08 PM »
No seating is to be placed above the office areas.  Portable seating will be stored in the equipment annex and brought in as  needed and placed on the football field or in the corners.
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38:19 AM »
"Nothing is more formidable........than a patient man"....

Offline YSU45

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 02:32:57 PM »
A friend of mine from work was the YSU yesterday for a high school passing scrimmage (Boardman). They played 2 games in the WATTS. He said it was amazing? Can't wait to see it.
GO YSU

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 09:55:14 PM »
The place IS amazing!  Wow they did it right.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »
This has to be the slowest project ever, is it open yet? Anything scheduled for the public to check it out?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne