Author Topic: Bob Hannons letter to the editor  (Read 22753 times)

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Bob Hannons letter to the editor
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »
Tho I have found it rather odd that not one comment has been made on this site about the OSU Jim Tressel BIG news  today with Bob Hannons letter to the editor in the Vindicator, I surely thought the site would be humming.

Is everyone (like me) in the state of shock?  Or is it the consideration that "silence is golden"?

Guess I keep looking for someone to say "it can't be".

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bob Hannons letter to the editor
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »
Oh, It be.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »
Great letter to the editor by Hannon.   Let's all hope the best for Tressel.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 07:56:30 PM »
Pita,

Please understand that some of us just do not care about Ohio State, and the troubles that Tressel is enduring have no interest for us.  I certainly appreciate what the man did for us for fifteen years, but it should be obvious that Tressel will not survive this.  He was doomed from the moment that he notified the quarterback's "handler" about the allegations instead of his AD or president.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:10:19 PM »
Pita,

Please understand that some of us just do not care about Ohio State, and the troubles that Tressel is enduring have no interest for us.  I certainly appreciate what the man did for us for fifteen years, but it should be obvious that Tressel will not survive this.  He was doomed from the moment that he notified the quarterback's "handler" about the allegations instead of his AD or president.

Really...i guess you have a problem with the new indoor complex that he gave what a couple a million...we will have him take it back...and you can pick up the slack!!!! oh you can't!!!  JT will always be a part of our football legacy and unfortnately some of the haters can't understand that!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 09:12:34 PM »
Pita,

Incredibly well said by Wick.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »
Pita,

Really...i guess you have a problem with the new indoor complex that he gave what a couple a million...we will have him take it back...and you can pick up the slack!!!! oh you can't!!!  JT will always be a part of our football legacy and unfortnately some of the haters can't understand that!!!
Wick never said Tressel isn't part of our legacy....he certainly is....but many of us just don't care what's going on at O$U.......Tress won't miss the money.....he and his wife are loaded......what is your infatuation with the dots after each statement?.....I think we used to do this in 3rd grade..........

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »
Pita,

Wick is correct, some people,(more then I would have thought) just do not care about JT anymore. Note that Wick did not say that he hates JT. Heck I do not hate JT, just do not care about him or osu. He was here he did well he moved on, so be it.

About the indoor complex, last I heard he did not donate a couple of million, thought that he was in for 500,000 and his inlaws for another 500,000. For sure that was very nice of him and certainly most of us could not afford to do the same so what's the point?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:41 PM »
As a Michigan fan, I'm really enjoying it all.  Yea, Tressel has Michigan's number, but he finally has what's coming to him.  He will not survive this and the NCAA will eventually bring down the hammer on him and the O$U program.  He brought sanctions to YSU and was lucky to survive the Clarett fiasco.  Teflon had several opportunities to come clean, but decided to cover it up and take his chances.  His once squeaky clean image is forever tarnished.  Liar, Liar, Vest on fire

Does anyone have a link to the Hannon article?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:51:42 PM by GoGuins »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
Tressel will more than survive this. In fact, if he did not agree to 5-games in advance, he would have had less. That being said. I still do not care. I drive past "the shoe' on my way to "the ice castle". Aside from spring games, I have only been to two OSU football games ...the one against the guins. As far as Hannon's letter ...is he that much of a coward? Why doesn't he just put it on his employer's web site ...not too many programs contribute more than OSU to the United Way. People here in Columbus know what is going on. If punishment is a year or more, they replace him. However, I think many of those people do not realize that the university cannot make him AD. That is the one thing this issue did do. I guess they could, but it would be very difficult to defend the choice.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 02:16:55 PM »
IP...just like the way the dots look...But thanks for the kind response...i think we all know that you think your...doesnt stink....but maybe in time you will mellow out...but i doubt it...

As for JT..yes he is gone and really I dont care...but the guy put Youngstown State on the map and that will never change...I am glad we had him and  enjoyed some great football.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Tress was always good with me.  I coached his daughter for two years high school,  so he had to me nice to me 8)

Like the guy.

My son L-O-V-E-S him so that shapes my opinion also.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
Tho some of us do not care (as a poster said) and some of us care that posters use
.......between words.......I find it sort of apalling that people who care so deeply about
YSU, could care less of what is going on with Tressel.  Sorry, not for my concern that
it is Ohio State (could not care LESS)..........(Sorry IP)...all I know is Jim Tressel was
and always will be someone who brought pride to YSU, can't help what has transpired
since he went to Columbus.  No matter what decisions are made for him down the road,
I'll still be grateful for the years of respect he brought to YSU.

We, those of us who post here, have not written the final chapters of our lives.  Be very
careful........sometimes when you spit up in the air, it comes back to smack you in the face.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2011, 09:49:58 PM »
Pita--don't know what you want us to do. Telling you we're proud of what he accomplished here. That isn't debatable. But he's in trouble at O$U because he lied and tried to cover something up. He brought it on himself--can't pretend like it didn't happen.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
 :-\ I 'm feeling sorry for Mr. Tressel.  To compete at the highest level of Division 1 football both FCS and FBS you're forced to play dirty politics and turn a blind eye to the NCAA and its rules to be in the top tier.  Tress got caught, lied end of story.   He'll pay.  Who know how bad it will be but I'm sure it may be as bad as costing him his job as the HC at The Ohio State.  :o  I'm hoping for the best for Tress and his family.  Bottom line: The new way of doing business and NCAA football needs to be addressed.