YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Former Warren Harding star DJ Williamson

(1/2) > >>

GoGuins:
Left the Michigan football team, no word on where he's going yet

IAA Fan:
May be a better defensive prospect. Lot's of speed. He will be all conference in special teams his first year. Did they say how many years he has left?

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 26, 2011, 07:37:03 AM ---May be a better defensive prospect. Lot's of speed. He will be all conference in special teams his first year. Did they say how many years he has left?

--- End quote ---

He's still on Michigan's roster, but I've read through my paid Rivals site that he plans on leaving after classes end this week.  He was redshirted so he has 4 years left.  Ray Vinopal is leaving for Pitt, but is also still finishing classes at Michigan this week

HLecter:

--- Quote from: GoGuins on April 26, 2011, 06:50:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on April 26, 2011, 07:37:03 AM ---May be a better defensive prospect. Lot's of speed. He will be all conference in special teams his first year. Did they say how many years he has left?

--- End quote ---

He's still on Michigan's roster, but I've read through my paid Rivals site that he plans on leaving after classes end this week.  He was redshirted so he has 4 years left.  Ray Vinopal is leaving for Pitt, but is also still finishing classes at Michigan this week

--- End quote ---

Go:  I'm straying a bit, but what can you tell us about Manny Harris' college days.  I'm a huge Cavs fan and really like him, but he sat for huge stretches under Byron Scott without any explanation.  Was he a "problem" at UM?

GoGuins:
On Manny, he was a Tommy Amaker recruit and had trouble at first adjusting to John Beilien's system.  I don't think he and Beilien saw eye to eye a lot and Manny was benched a couple of times for off the court issues and was benched many times during games for his lack of defensive effort and streaky shooting.  IMO he wasn't ready for the jump to the NBA, but he wasn't quite fitting in with Beilien and his system so he figured on giving the NBA a shot or at very least playing in Europe. He is very athletic and can create off the dribble, but he's lean and small and most figured he would have trouble matching up with the bigger guards in the NBA and his inconsistent outside shot doesn't help. I didn't watch the NBA much this year, but if I remember Manny did have a couple 20+ games?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version