Author Topic: Desmar Jackson  (Read 6436 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Desmar Jackson
« on: April 09, 2011, 10:53:07 AM »
ESPN website is reporting that Desmar Jackson (Harding) is leaving Wyoming.  He averaged about 15ppg. and has 2 years of eligibility left.  Does anyone know if he is interested in coming back and transfer to YSU?  This could be a big get for our program but he would have to sit out a year and take a chance that we may get a new coach after next year. 

Offline pittsburghpenguin

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Desmar Jackson
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:08:35 AM »
The Warren Tribune has an article saying Desmar is going to Southern Illinois to play.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:21:14 AM »
Not the news we wanted to hear.  The article states YSU didn't contact his H.S. coach at all while the others did.  Makes you wonder.   

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
Not the news we wanted to hear.  The article states YSU didn't contact his H.S. coach at all while the others did.  Makes you wonder.   
As usual, you have no idea what's going on. Jackson left Wyoming because the coaching staff that recruited him was fired, specifically an assistant coach who was close to Jackson. This assistant has packaged himself and Jackson to get an asst. job at So. Illinois, where Jackson will probably end up if he's not convinced to stay at Wyoming. There was no need to contact anyone, specifically Arnold, as Jackson was headed to So. Illinois all along. Arnold's players are proving to be nomads in college.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 06:02:21 PM »
But other schools contacted the coach and we didn't you fool.  Doesn't hurt to try no matter if he intended to go to S. Ill.or not.  That is called recruiting. It is spilled milk now. 

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 09:21:56 PM »
The point, Einstein, is our staff knew of the situation. Besides, what does calling Arnold accomplish? He was his high school coach. Back to your cave.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 12:28:21 PM »
Re the calling Arnold thing

I am pretty sure the YSU staff talks to Arnold plenty.  I am also pretty sure the YSU staff knew the details of this xfer also.

If (and that's a big IF) they didn't directly call in this situation, so what?
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!