Author Topic: Congratulation Butler  (Read 17634 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulation Butler
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
You can knock Nova all you want but all you experts know he hit it right on the head.  I work in Akron and noboby even knows we beat Butler.  We beat Butler but lost to Loyola by 30 at home and by 30 to Robert Morris on the road.  If you think Slocum does the best he can bringing in "frindge" talent then you must be on crack or smoking the wacky tobacco.   Our recruiting sucks because we lose 20 games a year every year period. Winning solves everything and not being a guest on some stupid talk show.   Shouldn't Slocum be out recruiting instead of being a Buter reality star.  Signing date is April 13th and little is known as too who we are recruiting other than the 5-9" kid from Akron who will get eaten alive in the Horizon league.  It is bad enough we cannot recruit Ohio but waste our recruiting budget on Juco's all over the country when Ohio and PA have plenty of talent. 

We just tell it like it is.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 08:34:56 PM »
I would love for YSU to get good at basketball. I wouldn't go see the product they've had for the last 10 years for free. Let's face it....until they start winning they will be a Siberia of D1 basketball. A place to go after JUCO when no one else is calling or as a last resort because you really want to say you played D1 basketball. The truth hurts, but that is the talent level here.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 08:55:13 PM »
You can knock Nova all you want but all you experts know he hit it right on the head.  I work in Akron and noboby even knows we beat Butler.  We beat Butler but lost to Loyola by 30 at home and by 30 to Robert Morris on the road.  If you think Slocum does the best he can bringing in "frindge" talent then you must be on crack or smoking the wacky tobacco.   Our recruiting sucks because we lose 20 games a year every year period. Winning solves everything and not being a guest on some stupid talk show.   Shouldn't Slocum be out recruiting instead of being a Buter reality star.  Signing date is April 13th and little is known as too who we are recruiting other than the 5-9" kid from Akron who will get eaten alive in the Horizon league.  It is bad enough we cannot recruit Ohio but waste our recruiting budget on Juco's all over the country when Ohio and PA have plenty of talent. 

The facts that you think "frindge" is a word, that Slocum is a "Buter" reality star, and, most importantly, somebody in the dregs of the earth (Akron) employed you, tells us all we need to know about you.

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »
 Shouldn't Slocum be out recruiting instead of being a Buter reality star.  Signing date is April 13th

Uh - no he shouldn't be out recruiting.  Its an NCAA no-contact "dead" period from March 31 until April 7.   Final Four is always a dead period - and the annual coaches convention. 

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 10:16:54 PM »
Butler comes in flat and we got lucky and beat them...Butler players are embarrassed and get their ass chewed out and are lights out the rest of the season...instead of a program defining moment YSU goes 1-7 the reast of the way and loses in the first round of the league turny...and our 1 win wasnt even a league win..2-16 in the league..next to last place...Slocum is a hot  on the sports radio and tv circuit because of Butlers success...isnt America wonderful...and now we are waiting for our stimulus package that Butler earned the league...LOL
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 10:25:26 PM »
Ip,
I seem to get under your skin.  You must be related to slocum or just like losing.  By the way nobody employs me I run my own business of 200 employees that probably keeps you employed unless you work for ysu which I suspect you do.    I would like to see YSU win more than anyone.  Don't worry about grammer worry about YSU winning.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 11:35:41 PM »
Please recruit someone other than a 5'9" point guard.  I want some damn big men that can atleast hold their own on the boards.  Eargle can't do it by himself.   

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:45 AM »
The truth is that UConn played YSU/HL basketball, and won. They played all half-court ball and defense. Butler had 4-to-1 advantage under the basket, as UConn players all rushed to set their defense, and the one remaining UConn player still came down with the rebound every time.

FYI, these interviews for Slocum are great, and can do nothing but help us out. If it does absolutely nothing for us ...then what did it hurt?

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 09:44:02 AM »
 Shouldn't Slocum be out recruiting instead of being a Buter reality star.  Signing date is April 13th

Uh - no he shouldn't be out recruiting.  Its an NCAA no-contact "dead" period from March 31 until April 7.   Final Four is always a dead period - and the annual coaches convention. 

Indy--you mean Captain Repeatmyself doesn't know what he's talking about?? Shocking :D

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 02:46:45 PM »
Pita--Nova75's problem stems from NOT having any solid, meaningful conversations with his own father. I don't believe he's necessarily a bad person, just one who didn't (and still doesn't get) any proper fatherly advice.

Hey you win some, you lose some.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 08:29:07 PM »
.  By the way nobody employs me I run my own business of 200 employees that probably keeps you employed unless you work for ysu which I suspect you do.  

Heck, how about making it 201, I'm looking!!!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne