YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Butler 71 Pittsburgh 70

(1/2) > >>

Pita:
Congratulations to Butler
Who says the Horizon League isn't TOUGH.
To think that YSU beat Butler 62-60 !!!!!

One of the oddest finishes to a basketball
game I've ever seen.

Wick250:
My reaction: Money!  Money!  More Money for the league and for YSU. :)

I agree.  I have never seen two bone-headed plays back-to-back.  The announcers spent much of that game telling us how great the Pittsburgh coach is.  Yet he committed a blunder at the end that would be inexcusable even at the high school level.  Once his player made the first free throw to tie the game at 70, he should have removed his players from the free throw lane-to avoid exactly what happened.

All of the news accounts are calling this a "big upset."  Since when is it an upset when a good college basketball team beats a collection of NBA wanna-bes?

ysu16:
YSU handed Butler it's last loss on February 3rd.

YSUGO:
Pitt handed  them the game...Butler was not seeded high enough..this year...Yes go Horizon !!!

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on March 20, 2011, 11:44:13 AM ---My reaction: Money!  Money!  More Money for the league and for YSU. :)

I agree.  I have never seen two bone-headed plays back-to-back.  The announcers spent much of that game telling us how great the Pittsburgh coach is.  Yet he committed a blunder at the end that would be inexcusable even at the high school level.  Once his player made the first free throw to tie the game at 70, he should have removed his players from the free throw lane-to avoid exactly what happened.

All of the news accounts are calling this a "big upset."  Since when is it an upset when a good college basketball team beats a collection of NBA wanna-bes?

--- End quote ---

Wick - my son and I stopped to eat on our way back from some high school semi-state games here and watched the end of the game.  Your two comments were the exact things he told me as we watched - why were the guys on the line and how much money did YSU make.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version