YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Tournaments

(1/4) > >>

Pita:
Great games.  Have watched most every one.  Funny how quickly
a team can fall apart (N. Carolina in particular).  Wonder what it would
be like to be a fan in the seats watching our team.  Guess I'll never
do that in my lifetime. Watched Robic in the Kentucky games, Peters in the
Akron game (he's looking older).  Basketball is so great this year, will be very
difficult to pick a winner.  Hope Bobby Huggins and the W. Va Mountaineers go
far....it could happen.  Never watch West Coast teams so have no idea who out
there is a threat.  Hate to see Basketball end another season.

Anyone on the site interested in the road to the final four?

ELPENGUIN:
Pita, I have viewed parts of most games during the championship week.  Can't wait for the start of the "dance" on Tuesday.  Being a North Carolina fan for many years, they are my pick for the final four.  Not saying they will win it but you never know how the ball bounces.  I know I will never see our Penguins in the NCAA tournament soon but hope is eternal.  Brings back memories of our YSU team almost winning the OVC championship game at Middle Tenn. We would have played North Carolina at Notre Dame in a first round game.  Almost got there didn't we?

ysuindy:

--- Quote from: ELPENGUIN on March 13, 2011, 09:53:30 PM --- Brings back memories of our YSU team almost winning the OVC championship game at Middle Tenn. We would have played North Carolina at Notre Dame in a first round game.  Almost got there didn't we?

--- End quote ---

I often feel like the Charlie Brown / Linus cartoon about Willie McCovey not hitting the ball higher on the line drive that ended the World Series:  "WHY DID VAUGHN LUTON HAVE TO CALL TIMEOUT"

;D ;D

Little did we know how hard it would be to get that close again.

southbeach:
Hey EL. We will never see the penguins in the tournament. To get to the tournament we have to win our conference championship. We will never win that championship. We are at best a middle of the road team in the conference and unfortunately don't seem to care to much about improving that situation. A rescent article in the vindy stated that Akron puts more money into their women's program than we put into our men's tells you the trajectory our men's program is on. BTW I am tired of hearing about football funding all our programs. Football looses money. All our programs loose money. Its the student fees that keep our programs solvent.

HLecter:
Southbeach:

Are you sure football loses money?

Anyway we can get you to change your user name?  I get thoughts of the anti-christ everytime I see it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version