Author Topic: Scalzo's column today in Vindicator  (Read 14694 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Scalzo's column today in Vindicator
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 12:44:29 PM »
GOOD POST Mustache.

I said all along if you have a defeatist attitude you reap what you sow...great post chez!!!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 01:59:55 PM »
Did anyone listen to Sports Wrap on 570 Wkbn Today?   Lots of discussion about the b-ball programs.  Sounds like fans and media are losing faith in Slocum.  He and Strollo need to go but we all know that won't happen.  Strollo needs to go public with his plans on improving all sports before he is run out of town. He needs to get the community behind him and YSU instead of hiding when everyone is getting frustrated with YSU athletics. I personnally will not renew season tickets in b-ball mainly because it is too frustrating to watch us lose 20 games a year. 

No more excuses of money.  Get the right people here to do the job and we can succeed.  Slocum and Strollo are not right people. 

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »
Agreed. Magnificent post Chez.

I find myself in the ridiculous position of supporting Slocum coming back next year.  Not because he deserves it, but because I fear that Strollo will actually hire someone who is worse.
After a decade, Strollo's legacy is bad teams, an empty gym, and declining football attendance until Wolford arrived on the scene.  Many see this, but the board of trustees and the president continue to support the man.  Unfortunately, they are the only people that count.