YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Rach leaves YSU football team.

(1/3) > >>

YSUGO:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/feb/26/linebacker-david-rach-leaves-ysu-football-team/?nw

IAA Fan:
That is a shame. I really thought he came into his own the spring going into 2009. I think he was both a Big-33 and a North vs South player out of HS.

guinpen:
Guess that he did not want to play D-end.

Wick250:
This should not surprise anybody, and there will be many more players who leave before next September.  We endured the worst defense in the history of Youngstown State University last season.  I fully expect between 9 and 11 new starters to take the field against Michigan State. 

IAA Fan:
Agree Wick. The question is whether we are going to keep the same type of defense, hoping to upgrade the caliber of player ...or are we going to make changes in our defense? I am of the opinion we need to do the latter to compete in the MVFC. We cannot play these position types of defense that are common down south. A QB in the MVFC is going to throw the ball whether you are in position or not. Two-back sets in the MVFC are not only common; they are not always lined up horizontally. TE's do more than block. In short, coverages need to be tight and defensive players have to tackle. Linebackers have to be a dominant force. d-Linemen need to force earlier/shorter throws.

Is spring ball here yet?   fb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version