YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Guins baseball starts today!

(1/1)

IAA Fan:
Opening weekend for the guin hard-ballers. Good luck. We are so young this year. I was surprised not to see a group of young players from Fitch and Canfield, but we have two from power-house Cathedral Latin. Several frosh from PA as well. Always nice to see kids from Hickory, we have had a great run of players from there. Couple of young guys to watch:

-David Leon was Horizon new-comer two years ago, then red-shirted last year. I hope it was not a serious injury. He is tough.

-Dan Hurlimann out of Rochester NY, was first-team all region . .588 as a junior & .386 as a senior. Switch-hitter.

-Nic Manuppelli out of PA is a right-hander. He played on the Allegheny elite team. averaged almost 1-strikeout per inning.

-Chris Mitko played down here in Columbus at Northland ...batted .688 last year.

I wish we had some more experience, but I am excited either way. This is Pasqual's first really large recruiting class, and many of them are going to have to play.

IAA Fan:
Bad start. ECU produced 11-runs off of 13 hits. They had no triples, or homers off of the guins. They just produced, and we had 3 errors ...all producing runs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version