Author Topic: Special Ticket Offer For All Remaining Home Basketball Games  (Read 6287 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Special Ticket Offer For All Remaining Home Basketball Games
« on: February 12, 2011, 06:23:00 PM »
The Youngstown State University Athletic Department, in conjunction with 570 WKBN, is offering a special $1 ticket price to attend YSU men's and women's basketball games for the remainder of the season.   

The YSU home schedule will feature a non-league men's contest against Bowling Green on Feb. 19, as well as the men's and women's Senior Day games.  Special give-away nights will include key chains, stadium cups and team pictures.

Fans may purchase a regular-priced $8 general admission ticket for $1.  The tickets may be purchased in advance at the Athletic Ticket Office, by calling 330-941-1YSU or on game day at the Beeghly Center ticket office.  The gates will open one-hour prior to tip-off each game.

Remaining men's home games are the Feb. 19 game against Bowling Green, Feb. 24 against Green Bay and the regular-season finale and final home game for seniors Vytas Sulskis and Dan Boudler versus Milwaukee on Feb. 26.

Remaining women's games include Saturday's 4:35 p.m. contest versus Valparaiso, March 3 versus UIC and the regular-season finale and final home game for senior Bojana Domitrov against Loyola on March 5.

The Feb. 19 game vs. Bowling Green, which tips off at 7:05 p.m., is part of the ESPNU Sears BracketBuster series and all in attendance will receive a YSU Stadium Cup.

Tickets for the Feb. 24 contest against Green Bay at 7:05 p.m. are $1 courtesy of ClearChannel Youngstown and Sheetz. The regular-season finale against Milwaukee features a special 1:05 p.m. tipoff and fans will receive a team photo.

On the women's side, the Penguins play host to Valparaiso at 4:35 p.m. tomorrow. Fans in attendance will receive a YSU Stadium Cup with their $1 admission.

YSU plays host to UIC on Thursday, March 3 at 7:05 p.m. with all tickets just a dollar. The home finale is on Saturday, March 5 against Loyola at 1:05 p.m. All fans will receive a team photo.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Special Ticket Offer For All Remaining Home Basketball Games
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 06:46:55 PM »
Another brilliant idea by our wonderful athletic dept.   Way to drive revenue Strollo!!!  Attendance will be the same whether we had a promo or not.  Improve the product on the court and fans will come.  We are competitve but everyone knows we will lose the game the last 5-10 minutes every night as long as Slocum is our coach.  Even the halftime festivities are boring.  I wish President Anderson and the Trustees would wake up and do some mass changes.  Wishfull thinking on my part.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:55:27 PM »
How many games now have we had a decent lead and competed well enough to win only to blow it in the last five minutes?  I've counted about 7-8 times.  Half of those go the other way, and we have maybe 13-14 wins now!  Just saying. Is it the coach, not enough wing players of big men.  You tell me!  I'm tired of hearing the team is young!  Other teams have young players too.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:06:35 AM »
Our team actually has good athletes but no real big men to speak of.  It seems Slocum has them play hot potato offense down the stretch instead of being aggessive.  If we look at halftime scores we are 12 wins, 12 losses, and 1 tie.   I believe we have blown 7 games with a lead around the 5 minute mark.  I don't blame that on talent but coaching and the fact that we cannot hit a free throw to save our lives.