Author Topic: Guins vs Valpo  (Read 8842 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Guins vs Valpo
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:55:19 PM »
38-33 Guins at the half. Such a different YSU team. Very physical & aggressive on defense. Some poor shot selections have kept this one close. We should be up by about 10-15.  Nice job overall.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:32:14 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Guins vs Valpo
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 09:33:04 PM »
Exciting finish in regulation. Not quite as exciting a finish to OT.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 10:00:36 PM »
those 3 impostures in stripes were a joke.  horrible officiated game.  i still and will always hate homer and bryce drew.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 01:18:09 PM »
I have a question for Indy, IP, or anybody else who follows college basketball much more closely than I do.  Is hand-checking legal in college now?  I am not talking about placing a hand on the small of the back of your stationary opponent.  I mean placing your hand on your opponent as he dribbles for fifteen feet.  Or keeping contact with an opponent as he moves without the ball.  Half of the Valpo team did that last night, especially one of their bigs, #45 and most especially guard, #15.  I will not rant if the college rule is now the freakin' NBA.  But if hand-checking is illegal, as hoops noted, that was a travesty yesterday.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 02:23:04 PM »
Indy--hoops is 1000% correct. Hand checking is not legal and the fact that Valpo pushed, shoved, and hand-checked the whole game and yet shot 40 free throws to YSU's 23 is a travesty. Not excusing this for the result because if YSU had taken better care of the ball in the 2nd half, they win regardless. However, this is yet another ongoing prejudice against this basketball program from this league. Goofy-smiled commissioner LeCrone (anyone else get that he and also goofy-smiled phony Homo Drew might be twins?) needs to have a sit-down with YSU athletic heads because this is an on-going travesty that needs corrected, IMHO.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:52:12 PM »
I was still fired up about that officiating today.  IP, i owe you an apology about saying Tom Brady was going to be finished after his injury, the man is a gamer who keeps gaining awards.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:51:55 PM »
Very disappointed.  We should have won this game. And should have 4-5 more wins than we do.