Author Topic: John Demjanjuk  (Read 8606 times)

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
John Demjanjuk
« on: March 12, 2009, 09:40:51 PM »
Anyone else think that they should just leave this guy alone, I mean just what do they hope to prove, the dude is like 88 or something?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: John Demjanjuk
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:27:42 PM »
Have you EVER read a History Book?  Read about him.  Then get back to us.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 11:52:24 AM »

History, yep I read it all the time. Fact is that it is very much in doubt that he had any decision making power while he was a guard. If you have read something that proves the case against him, please let me know so I can read it, I have no problem changing my mind.

Assuming that he was “just” a guard, and doing what he was being ordered, then I say leave him alone. None of us can imagine what it would have been like, I’m sure that he knew that if he disobey orders, he would have been next. Most people would have done the same he did.

Now, if it could be proved beyond any doubt that he did in fact make decisions that cost people their lives, then fry him, but there are just not conclusive facts to be had.

I feel that he is a one of, if not the last, target for the Nazi hunters and they still taste blood, they need to make one last statement. Not a good enough reason to kill someone that you could never prove guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

And for the record I am pro death penalty.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 01:43:07 PM by guinpen »

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 05:13:38 PM »
Forever,  I could only hope, just one of the Guards, would have replied to whomever was giving the orders....no I refuse to lead these people to slaughter.  Perhaps, just perhaps, the second, third, fourth Guard would have followed suit, and the Holocaust would not have happened.  I can't help but wonder IF he is guilty, and there is documentation that says he is, how has he been able to exist knowing that he was party to such a horrible, horrible thing.

This is my opinion.....I know it is not a perfect world, wouldn't even want perfect....UNDERSTANDING would be a definite PLUS.  By the way, two of my Grandparents were born in Germany, as were their two first born children. 

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »

I feel that he is a one of, if not the last, target for the Nazi hunters and they still taste blood, they need to make one last statement. Not a good enough reason to kill someone that you could never prove guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

And for the record I am pro death penalty.

Seems they got their sacrificial lamb. Seems that lack of evidence was not a problem.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »
One of the most famous Nazi terrorists was a SS officer by the name of Wernher Von Braun.  He was also a brilliant scientist who designed the V-2 rockets that killed civilians indiscriminately behind Allied lines.  So this jerk was prosecuted at Nuremberg and hanged, right?  Nope. He was taken to America, "rehabilitated," and put in charge of our military's rocket program.  Later, he developed for NASA the rocket that put our men on the moon.  What is my point?  We embrace a mass murderer and turn him into a celebrity.  At the same time, we persecute an old, dying flunky who, like tens of thousands of eastern Europeans, "collaborated" with the Nazis in order to survive.  Hypocrisy of the worst variety.

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 11:44:25 AM »
Well said Wick.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
I agree Wick. I might also add Von Braun killed no more people than Oppenheimer, Frisch, or anyone else associated with the atom bomb. Or John Gaitling ...who invented the automated gun, that killed so many people in mass in his day ...and so many more since. History is loaded with examples. The truth is that if they had anything on Demjanjuk, he would have been sentenced to more than 5-years. Also, as Pita says ...only he knows what he did, or did not do. I might point out that the pilot of the plane that dropped the first a-bomb killed himself. We need to move on and stop creating more religious hatred. WWII killed people of all races and creeds.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 03:49:43 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline Dracula

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 08:03:38 PM »
The Poles suffered the most.