Author Topic: Duquesne game  (Read 1666 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Duquesne game
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2024, 04:37:34 PM »
Agree.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2024, 04:56:08 PM »
All I can say is ouch.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2024, 05:00:42 PM »
Wow. What an embarrassment

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2024, 05:02:18 PM »
Poor effort. We were unprepared, out played, our hustled, out coached…..

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2024, 05:12:46 PM »
Hahahahahaha.  All you can do is laugh at this university.  There are far more quality sports at this place than football.  Just watch ALL the teams they bring out at time outs.  At least I feel good my money is spent to help THEM.  Because THIS trash we have to endure is beyond embarrassing anymore. 

Offline ysu1982

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2024, 05:20:11 PM »
Hire Duquesne coach

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2024, 05:34:15 PM »
WAS THE VISIONARY THERE WATCHING THE PROGRAM CRUMBLE BEFORE HIS VERY EYES? 

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2024, 05:35:45 PM »
WAS THE VISIONARY THERE WATCHING THE PROGRAM CRUMBLE BEFORE HIS VERY EYES?

Hahaha.  Nice.  Except he been watching this crumble for years at this point.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2024, 06:57:35 PM »
Well I call it the way I see it so here goes.

It was a well deserved loss, their last drive of the 1st half in like under 2 minutes and then that int in the endzone capping a very nice drive we were never a factor after that.

We did have several nice drives but shot ourselves in the foot more times than we could overcome.

The d was just plain bad, did not made the needed adjustment all day.

They took away our big run plays and we did not have the passing game to keep them honest.

If the Pitt game gets ugly, I would like to see another qb get a chance with the first team to see what kind of arm they have.

Do not believe that the team was prepared for the game, game plan wise or mentally.

Did not see any progress this week.

But I will be there next home game cheering them on again. Been going since Jaws was the qb so no way I am stopping now.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2024, 07:23:44 PM »
Pathetic and embarrassing, I can't believe what I saw in person. From scholarships, to facilities and resources, this should never happen. I don't care if YSU has a down year, this should never happen.  Bad football in all facets. Maybe not Phillips but coaches should lose their jobs over this debacle. You want fans to come to games but we're given this garbage. I'll be in Pittsburgh next week but it's going to be ugly.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2024, 07:35:21 PM »
Here is my two cents. Brungard is not the guy. Said it last year and will continue to say it. We have absolutely no deep threat so teams load up and it shows. Duquesne coach completely understood the job. Shut down the run and make us throw which we can no do past 3 yards sideways. I could coach against this offense. Very poor execution. On the drive before half he threw off his back foot because that’s all he knows. He’s not the qb of our future. Let Blanc or Schondelmeyer throw the ball at least 30 yards downfield to spread the defense!!!!  Speaking of defense it might as well be hodge podge!  They have no idea how to tackle or stop the run!! Pathetic!! Completely disgusted and not satisfied. We put too much into this program to lose to Duquesne
!!  We expect more!!  And demand more!!  Going to Pitt next week to watch a debacle unless we change qb. Will have a good time in Pittsburgh but other than that I see us at 1-3 until we meet Missouri state.

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2024, 07:39:28 PM »
Dont forget we also have an experienced OL.  What would it be like if we didn't have?  The OC has been terrible forever.  I shouldn't point fingers as the entire staff is responsible.  Recruiting is horrible.   

WHERE IS ANOTHER WIN ON OUR SCHEDULE?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2024, 07:49:27 PM by goodnews »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2024, 08:26:42 PM »
I started another thread about Brungard.  Look I’m not a coach but went and watched a lot of football.  I know Brungard is a legacy due to his father.  I know Brungard is a good athlete.  But I also know he doesn’t pass the eye test on mechanics etc. If they wanted him. To be THE guy then either you work in his mechanics the last 2 years or we needed. To change to an option if rpo offense this isn’t rocket science.  His receivers bailed him out with countless bad throws. 
I know the D sucked last year but losing 10 guys is not sustainable will take this year and probably another year of recruiting.  Find a damn QB. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2024, 09:56:44 PM »
Curious where all the guys are saying Beau was the answer. LOLOL.
We can’t beat Duquesne at home?? Season is done. Put a real Qb in please.   

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2024, 11:40:33 PM »
Very frustrating loss.  Brungard not the answer.  Put him at running back.  Put the other qbs in.  Season is done. I think after seeing what we seen tonight there is not a guaranteed win on the schedule.   Terrible season.  Lack of recruiting is also a part of the problem.   High school coach .  Bring back Tressel for 3 year contract and we may win.