Author Topic: 2024 football spring game  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
2024 football spring game
« on: April 09, 2024, 05:57:15 AM »
The spring game is scheduled for 11am this Saturday (4/13/24). I still can’t find any information on the game.
Does anyone have any information on the game ( cost, format, players….etc). I am surprised that there wasn’t any information on the practice so far.
Any comments?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2024 football spring game
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 09:30:32 AM »
I plan on attending but would like to know the price of admission and parking... no information on the game.  Come on athletic department keep us informed.  Wasn't last year free? 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 10:14:13 AM »
I plan on attending but would like to know the price of admission and parking... no information on the game.  Come on athletic department keep us informed.  Wasn't last year free?
Yes, I went to last year’s spring game also. It was free. I can’t remember if parking was free also.
It was just odd to me that the team has been practicing since mid March and they have not had any news release on the program, let alone the spring game.
Who is doing the PR for the team or the football program anyway? It seems like there are very little interests generated for this team.
This is supposed to be a football town and yet, even on this website, most of the discussions were still focused on the basketball programs. Really strange….

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2024, 09:54:04 AM »
Basketball is new #1 sport at YSU.   WIN AND YOU GET RESPECT.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2024, 10:44:56 AM »
Just to be fair, football made the playoff and basketball didn’t. I do understand they are not at the same level. Out of curiosity, which program had a higher NET national ranking.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2024, 11:08:26 AM »
Just to be fair, football made the playoff and basketball didn’t. I do understand they are not at the same level. Out of curiosity, which program had a higher NET national ranking.

LOL!! Round ball is a clown sport at YSU.

FCS is just bad anymore..

BOWLING is the new jam in elGUINO land  8)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2024, 11:23:43 AM »

LOL!! Round ball is a clown sport at YSU.

FCS is just bad anymore..

BOWLING is the new jam in elGUINO land  8)
That must be only sport in YSU history which we made the national final 4 of NCAA championship.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 02:14:06 PM »
Winning is good; losing is bad. Calhoun won many games so that is good. But we need some perspective here. The Horizon League, led by Butler, used to be the elite Mid-Major conference, often finishing ranked between 10 and 12 in power ratings. Those times are long over. According to Massey, the Horizon League is now ranked 26, near the bottom of DI conferences. Not only did Calhoun fail to win the conference tournament, he only got to the conference final four once.

Phillips must navigate in the MVFC, the unquestioned elite group in FCS. The MVFC is often ranked ahead of several FBS conferences in the power ratings, and the best teams (namely SDSU and NDSU) would not only beat but dismantle champions in lesser FBS leagues. Surviving that league schedule and making the national playoffs was a better accomplishment than anything the basketball team did. And football was eliminated on the road by Villanova, the second best team in the playoffs (they proved that by their performance in Brookings.) Calhoun's team got unceremoniously bounced at home to a pedestrian CSU unit.

As far as basketball now being the top sport at YSU, revisit that thought next February as we are completing a 25 loss season. Because unless Faulkner can duplicate what Calhoun did the past two years in the portal, 25 losses is exactly where we are heading with this roster as presently constituted.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 02:15:32 PM by Wick250 »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 04:35:38 PM »
Ysu will miss Calhoun but we need to support Faulkner.  Oh by the way the entire league was depleted by transfers and we do have 6 returning players .  Plus Faulk did recruit most of the players in the past.  I expect 18 to 20 wins depending on the schedule..  Men's basketball is the new sport at YSu that is not bowling.   Unbelievable.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 04:38:13 PM »
Wick  you must not follow the portal.   Tons of league players including most of GB team and same with Detroit,  IUPUI, NKU IT GOES ON AND ON.  FOLLOW IT.....

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2024, 08:22:52 PM »
The announcement is posted on the YSU sports website today. According to announcement, admission is free and parking is $5. Game is on Saturday and it starts @ 11 am

https://ysusports.com/news/2024/4/11/red-white-spring-football-game-set-for-saturday-at-stambaugh.aspx

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2024, 06:10:12 AM »