Author Topic: Coach too Duquesne??  (Read 4279 times)

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Coach too Duquesne??
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 09:04:29 AM »
It doesn't make much sense to me either for the reasons I stated above.

Have to wonder if this was another reason why YSU wasn't interested in a post season tourney, and possibly why Lovelace & Burns are in the portal. 

PFW is in the CIT championship game on Wednesday night.  They started their season impressively and are now finishing it strong.  It would have been nice to see YSU keep playing and have success like that.  It was important not long ago, but apparently it wasn't this year.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 09:08:34 AM »

Have to wonder if this was another reason why YSU wasn't interested in a post season tourney, and possibly why Lovelace & Burns are in the portal. 

Was thinking the same thing.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IronGuin14

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 03:40:49 PM »
he is probably leveraging this for a raise - well deserved raise.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 04:17:02 PM »
It doesn't make much sense to me either for the reasons I stated above.

PFW is in the CIT championship game on Wednesday night.  They started their season impressively and are now finishing it strong.  It would have been nice to see YSU keep playing and have success like that.  It was important not long ago, but apparently it wasn't this year.

I thought the same thing when DJ transferred.  If the university won't spend the money on their players that earned and could of played in one of the tournaments then why should a player stick around.  Now I can't make the charge against YSU since I do not know what the factors were but there also was no honest clarity given.

Ft Wayne and CSU both finished behind YSU and opted to play. Green Bay,Wright state,NKU,and Milwaukee all finished ahead of Ft Wayne and CSU and didn't play in one of the post season tourneys either so maybe there is some rationale behind this.

Speaking of Ft Wayne I watched them last night win there sem-final game and got to say they are fun to watch and they play tomorrow for the championship.  Love the way they run their offense.

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 12:42:16 PM »
Wright State Head Coach Scott Nagy has landed the SIU job which Calhoun interviewed for. We will see what other schools he interviews with this offseason.

Link: https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1773359224719880336?t=oqCTl2hAVCeva8OuRLLAxQ&s=19

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2024, 02:40:19 PM »
Most of the jobs have been filled.  Unless, he would get a shot at Marshall.

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2024, 08:32:33 PM »
Coach Calhoun appears to be a finalist for the Utah State job now that Toledo’s coach turned them down:
@TrillyDonovan: The other Todd and Jerrod Calhoun are the next men up at Utah State.

Link: https://x.com/trillydonovan/status/1773866319441469561?s=61

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2024, 08:58:30 PM »
UTS last coach made 900k a year.