Author Topic: Detroit  (Read 3556 times)

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Detroit
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 09:03:36 PM »
Can't add too much from comments already posted.  Energy,ugly,and playing down to Detroit's level.   I need to eat my words for earlier saying Rush needs to move in on his attempts.  Glad he can prove me wrong.

During one time out coach Davis of Detroit was just sitting there with an expression like he was auditioning for the walking dead.  I guess a 1-29 record will take its toll.

Burns with another double double and 19 rebounds is dominate.   Coaching staff needs to get Thompson to chill.  No need for getting t's although you still want him to play with that dog in him.

Funny you brought that up about Detroit's coach Mike Davis.  He seemed checked out to me most of the game.  He was always very active on the sidelines and verbal to his players and the officials, I rarely saw any of that and he seemed liked he was seated for most of the game.

It was one of the stranger games I can remember.  Almost had a feel like YSU was playing a D3 or something.  There was no energy, the fans couldn't get into it.  It was like both teams were just sleep walking and wishing it was over. 

It's hard to take much out of that game.  It was good to see Rush get hot...good thing because if he was off it would have been a much closer game.  Farmer broke out of his recent funk and had a nice game.  It  took the entire game for Burns to get his double-double, you could tell they were setting him up in several of those possessions as he just had 4 points deep into the 2nd quarter.  Not much from Langdon, Thompson, Reid & Lovelace tonight. 

Only 5-10 at the FT line and that was after Burns and Fryda hit the final 3.  Only out-rebounded a much smaller team by 2.  I said it in the first half, but my goodness how many layups and point blank shots did YSU miss.

I'm not sure how many teams YSU would have beaten tonight if it wasn't for playing against one of, if not the worst team in D1. 

Hopefully he recharge and get focused and come out with intensity for next Thursday's home game. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2024, 10:24:21 PM »
Game was under control the entire time.  Our offense didn't click.   Maybe it was the fact that they had so many shot clock violations.   We played very solid defense.   We seemed ready for the Horizon league tournament.  As long as we don't get PFW Thursday.   They are finally playing up to there potential.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2024, 07:41:45 AM »
In Calhouns post game press conference he kinda mentioned the mix of portal and high school players and that they are excited for one player out of high school.  Does anyone know players name and whether the player verbally committed?  Searching the web and recruiting sites I cannot find any such player.  Any help or am I just reading into things too much.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2024, 08:35:48 AM »
In Calhouns post game press conference he kinda mentioned the mix of portal and high school players and that they are excited for one player out of high school.  Does anyone know players name and whether the player verbally committed?  Searching the web and recruiting sites I cannot find any such player.  Any help or am I just reading into things too much.

Elijah Guillory from Moon. He had 39 points in the game Calhoun was at https://x.com/Elijah_g5/status/1762551000034938982?s=20

That's right in Robert Morris' backyard. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2024, 09:14:16 AM »

Elijah Guillory from Moon. He had 39 points in the game Calhoun was at https://x.com/Elijah_g5/status/1762551000034938982?s=20

Coach was also able to get Lovelace and Dynes from UWM and NKU backyards. He was also got Cohill to transferred out of Dayton which is the backyard of Wright State.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2024, 11:36:34 AM »
May have to play IPFW sooner or later!  Would rather play them at Beeghley than on a neutral court!  Anyone of the top eight can take the tourney!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2024, 06:13:59 PM »

Looks like a nice get.   We need a shooting guard that can stretch the floor like Oakland has and this might be the guy. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2024, 07:37:09 AM »
Thanks for the info Mudclods

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2024, 08:00:13 PM »
Detroit gave Oakland fits before losing and locking down the Horizon league regular season title!  YSU locked in as number two as Milwaukee drills Green Bay!

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2024, 08:06:33 PM »
Detroit gave Oakland fits before losing and locking down the Horizon league regular season title!  YSU locked in as number two as Milwaukee drills Green Bay!

Never thought Detroit would of made it so close.  Most of us were disappointed in our game against Detroit perhaps the Titans were playing their best basketball late in the season.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2024, 02:15:34 PM »
Watch out for PFW i tournament.  They are playing great ball right now.  GreenBay not playing well.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2024, 10:23:56 AM »
Watch out for PFW i tournament.  They are playing great ball right now.  GreenBay not playing well.

They have won 4 of 5, but 2 of those wins were to Detroit and Robert Morris, they did win at Wright St by 2 and at Green Bay comfortably without Reynolds.