Author Topic: Women's Basketball: What does Strollo do with John Nicolais?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Women's Basketball: What does Strollo do with John Nicolais?
« on: February 25, 2024, 09:54:54 AM »
When Barnes announced his resignation around the middle of January, the program had hit rock bottom. Now they are back to .500 in the league, likely to finish the regular season 9-11. During the second league rotation, Nicolais has defeated five teams that had beaten us the first time around, with three of those reversals coming on the road.

So what does Strollo do? Reward this improvement and allow Nicolais to preside over the complete rebuild that must come next season (7 incoming freshmen?) Or does Stollo assume that Nicolais shares with Barnes responsibility for the lack of talent on the current team and show him the door?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Women's Basketball: What does Strollo do with John Nicolais?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 06:49:55 PM »
Hard to tell.  Whatever is cheaper to do is my answer. 

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 02:27:30 PM »
We just do not know enough about what happened. Did what cause Barnes to step down affect the play of the team for a while? I think that we have more talent then the record shows. None of my business what happend but I trust that the folks that do know will make the right call
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 02:51:44 PM »
Guinpen,

I now know what happened to Barnes. I was told by an impeccable source in strictest confidence, so I will not repeat that information to anyone. I will just confirm the public information that this is personal and involved no impropriety whatsoever. This has nothing to do with the basketball team or any of the other coaches. So Strollo must decide on the basis of the options that I outlined in my first post.