Author Topic: GB Saturday  (Read 2273 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
GB Saturday
« on: February 08, 2024, 11:20:30 PM »
130pm see everyone at the game.   Let's pack the place.   Go Guins!!!!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: GB Saturday
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 03:02:44 PM »
Hall of fame game where Eargle will be inducted into the ysu hall of fame.  How fitting he is the blocks leader at YSU I believe.   Maybe Dynes will pass him for #1

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 12:41:43 AM »
YSU is a 9.5 point favorite. Surprised it's that's high. I would have thought 5.5-7.5. That's higher than the Milwaukee line

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 08:04:09 AM »
Don't go by the line as it is based on the old GB and not the surging GB team.  It has been that way for a month or so.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2024, 08:14:19 AM »
I think YSU is a better team when Gabe is available and I still believe that we would’ve won the game against PFW if he was it there.
The point spread might have reflected that. It was uncertain if he could play in the UWM game. After playing almost almost the entire 2nd half, that might also be part of the consideration.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2024, 08:45:41 AM »
Don't go by the line as it is based on the old GB and not the surging GB team.  It has been that way for a month or so.

I doubt that.  GB has not had a good net ranking all year.  They are still only up to 183, while YSU is 113.  YSU is 12-1 at home.  YSU has been very good ATS this year so I'm sure those 3 factors are the reason why, but it still just seems a few points high to me.   

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2024, 09:26:58 AM »
The line went up to 10.5 today...wow

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 10:14:24 AM »
Let's Go!
"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 01:25:22 PM »
I think the key is to slow down Noah Reynolds. He is the leader that can break down the D and gets the ball to their open shooters or he's  athletic and talented enough do get his.    Got to make him uncomfortable.  Not sure anyone in the leauge so far has accomplished this.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 01:31:50 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 03:22:30 PM »
Frustrating watching this game GB running screens and guys cutting and running to spots while YSU is going one on one.  The one guy for GB who is going iso is killing us.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2024, 09:50:02 PM »
Terrible loss.  Rmu is going to give us a game because of how much improvement they have been playing last month.  Another home loss is unacceptable.   

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 01:34:07 AM »
That loss is tough take.  Home game and GB without their leading scorer.  GB wanted it worse.  They controlled the boards & got the 50-50 balls.  That stretch in the 2nd half when YSU went over 6 mins without a point was the killer.  They couldn't buy a basket and went from being up to 6 to down 6. 

GB was unbelievable from 3 and YSU knew that going in.  It's fitting YSU would lose with a 3 at the end.

YSU was perfect from the FT line until late with misses by their best FT in Rush and Burns when they probably could have iced it.

Burns and Thompson were tremendous but not much production from anyone else.

Unless YSU can run the table, which is going to be extremely with tough, and get some help, it's looking like they are going to be playing for the #3 seed now.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 07:12:34 AM »
From today’s Tribune/Vindy on coach’s comments on the game including his analysis on the last play.

https://www.tribtoday.com/sports/local-sports/2024/02/green-bay-stuns-ysu-84-83-with-last-second-game-winning-shot/

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 12:08:22 PM »
Thank you Double T for the link. It reinforces how coaches prepare for situations but it still comes down to execution.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2024, 12:48:30 PM »
This team isn't going anywhere. Will be another quick exit from the Horizon league tournament like always. Then go play in some tournament nobody cares about and lose there as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 12:49:09 PM by JP21 »