Author Topic: YSU VS DETROIT  (Read 1735 times)

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU VS DETROIT
« on: January 20, 2024, 07:57:10 AM »
Detroit on tap at 4pm in Calahan Hall.   They are winless this year and are in dire need for a win.  They will probably come out with some sort of urgency and may catch us off guard.   We need to be prepared because they are not playing like a 0-19 team for sure.Go Guins!!!!!   Don't disappoint.

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU VS DETROIT
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 09:46:58 AM »
We are a 10.5 point favorite in tonights game.  Over under is 145.5.  Take care of business and all should be good.  Thoughts anyone?

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 10:37:29 AM »
Detroit played RMU down to the wire.   If they bring that effort today it can make for a scarry game for YSU.   Guys can't be complacent and need to have that hard hat mentality.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2024, 05:57:53 PM »
Detroit is really bad.
YSU 105 -64

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 06:09:24 PM »
I know that the coach's son was gone, did they have other players leave? I thought it would be a better game.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 07:38:48 PM »
Big win as expected.   It looked like Detroit was tired from the double OT game at RMU.   Nice to see Rush and Farmer break out of slump. I think they will fire Mike Davis at end of season. 

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 07:40:19 PM »
Dynes expected to miss up to 3 weeks.  Yikes.  Espn said that.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2024, 07:46:26 PM »
Big win as expected.   It looked like Detroit was tired from the double OT game at RMU.   Nice to see Rush and Farmer break out of slump. I think they will fire Mike Davis at end of season.

Agreed, I think Mike Davis will be gone, now that his son has graduated. Winless and ranked last in D1 don’t help either.
His guys didn’t look like they were motivated or wanted to play, especially after the YSU run before half time.
I hope the injury to Gabe is not serious. We really didn’t need him tonight.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2024, 08:46:01 PM »
Even though Detroit is winless I'm not sure if anyone is coming to their place and beating them by 41.  Guys shot the ball well and rebounded well.   Burns has been relentless on the glass and Ziggy has been the consistent scorer as the season goes on.

Farmer might of played his best game of the season and hope that carries over.  Langdon looked sharp today too.

Stinks that Dynes is out for 3 weeks but it give Zorgvol a chance and I hope he uses it to his advantage.

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2024, 08:34:39 AM »
Dynes has a hand injury.     Don't know if it is broken wrist or fingers.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2024, 03:49:07 PM »
I expected YSU to cover and win by 12-18, but never expected that kind of result.

YSU was down 5-0 and trailed 21-20 with a little over 8 minutes to go in the 1st half then took control.  It seemed like once YSU built the lead to double digits, Detroit pretty much quit.  I've watched them play some this year and never seen them look that bad and disinterested. They are now 0-20, hard to believe they haven't found a way to win a game.

For much as YSU struggled the first 12 mins and seemed kind of erratic on offense for some of the early part of the 2nd half, they probably could have won by 50-60.

It was one of those nights when everyone for YSU shot the ball well.  After pretty much losing to Oakland from the FT line, YSU was perfect from the line Saturday.  Farmer played well on both sides of the ball- that was really good to see.  Certainly good to see Rush knock down shots.  Reid and Burns were also tremendous...hopefully Reid will be ok.

GB finally came back to life getting hammered by 22 to NKU.  PFW continues to fall.  They were 13-2 and 4-0 and have lost 5 straight- not sure what's going on there.  So YSU is tied for 3rd with NKU, 1 game back of Oakland, but lose the tiebreaker and a 1/2 game behind GB for 2nd.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 05:49:51 AM »