Author Topic: Ysu vs IUPUI  (Read 2347 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Ysu vs IUPUI
« on: January 06, 2024, 10:54:35 AM »
130 pm Sunday is the tip.  Hopefully a Solid crowd but with the NFL who knows.   Need to bear the living crap of of IUPUI.  Who is going?  I'll be there

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Ysu vs IUPUI
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2024, 12:55:55 PM »
More insanity. The odds that casual fans will choose YSU hoops over the NFL is ZERO. Strollo should tell the Horizon League office that we are not playing basketball games on Sunday afternoons during the NFL season. If the league insists, tip-off the game at 8pm.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 03:52:06 PM »
The game time shouldn't effect a basketball school like YSU. 

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 05:15:11 PM »
Cleveland St. plays at home tomorrow at 4.

YSU got some help today with the top 2 teams in PFW & Green Bay losing. 

YSU can get right back in the mix if they can sweep this 3 game homestand, which isn't going to be easy with PFW & Wright State following IUPUI.  They have to win 2 of 3 or are going to be in a big hole.

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 07:01:06 PM »
Sadly the FCS championship will have to compete with NFL tomorrow at 2:00. I can’t imagine what that game’s audience will be.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 08:47:28 AM »
Help?   We are now 8th or so in conference.   We need to win the next 3 home games for sure.

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2024, 08:50:27 AM »
Sadly the FCS championship will have to compete with NFL tomorrow at 2:00. I can’t imagine what that game’s audience will be.

Very, very small. They should move it to the middle of bowl season. If you’re not an FCS fan or a fan of the 2 teams no one cares at this point.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2024, 08:51:36 AM »
So IUPUI got destroyed by RMU the other night.   I don't know if they will come out with a sense of urgency or not.    But we need to be ready.  One game at a time.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2024, 11:35:31 AM »
Help?   We are now 8th or so in conference.   We need to win the next 3 home games for sure.

My point was stay within shouting distance of first place

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2024, 02:22:00 PM »
What an absolute lackluster, no energy, pathetic first half. If this is anyone other than IUPUI or Detroit, YSU is down double digits. Looks like YSU is playing like they could cake walk through this one. I really expected a better effort & playing with urgency after the last 2 games. What has happened to Brandon Rush?

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2024, 02:54:12 PM »
Letting them shoot over 60 percent from the 3. they only average 20 percent.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2024, 03:13:01 PM »
What the hell is Potesta smoking?  This is a championship caliber team if the cut down on turnovers!  we should be up by at least thrity on this team!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2024, 03:27:22 PM »
What the hell is Potesta smoking?  This is a championship caliber team if the cut down on turnovers!  we should be up by at least thrity on this team!

Yea, heard that also
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2024, 04:57:21 PM »
I saw an article that some wanted the game moved to Friday night.  But Frisco said no to that because of the economic impact of having it on a Sunday.

Also the the network ABC said they were happy with the 1million estimated who watched in that time slot last year.  Which by the way was 500,000 less that watched us play in 2017.

So NCAA relented that’s why 2 pm on a Sunday vs the NFL

Very, very small. They should move it to the middle of bowl season. If you’re not an FCS fan or a fan of the 2 teams no one cares at this point.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2024, 05:20:56 PM »
I was hoping for a bounce back, solid performance today to get rid of the taste of the last 2 losses that YSU gave away.  I certainly don't feel any better, and other than getting a must win, feel even worse to be honest. 

I would love to know how may layups, put backs, dunks or whatever you want to call it YSU missed today.  I know IUPUI had a ton of turnovers, but it was even way more than I expected...28!!!  YSU scored 33 points off those turnovers, but there had to be a half dozen fast breaks off those turnovers that YSU missed layups, several by Rush alone.  Really if IUPUI took care of the ball even somewhat better they probably win that game. 

Brett Thompson nearly single-handedly won the game for YSU in the 2nd half.  He scored the 1st 5 points of the 2nd half and I think all 20 of his points came in the 2nd half.   

YSU got out-rebounded 45-33!  Only 10-16 from the FT line and shot under 30% from 3.

YSU was a 17-5-18.5 favorite and there's no reason they aren't more than 20-30 points better than IUPUI.

This might have been one of Brandon Rush's worst game I've seen him play.