Author Topic: NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm  (Read 10050 times)

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2023, 03:20:56 PM »
I see the game is on ESPN+, no local TV from what I see. It would be good to attract the average fan to YSU football by having it on local TV. Anyone know the reason no local TV? Also it seems ESPN is using their own announcers so naybe the cost to broadcast locally may be high or they won't sell it.
ESPN+ has exclusive rights for the first two rounds, although SIU vs Idaho got picked up by ESPN2. Next week ABC will broadcast a game nationally.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2023, 01:47:55 PM »
We have a contingent heading out to Villanova. Been going to the YSU web page but no info on anything about the trip, tickets, team hotel, tailgating, etc…. Anyone hear anything!?!?

Go Guins!
Ticket info has been released from Youngstown State:
https://ysusports.com/news/2023/11/28/football-second-round-playoff-tickets-available-through-ysu.aspx

Hopefully we can easily fill the initial allotment of tickets we have been awarded!

Easily fill the initial allotment?  Are you on dope,,,,man?  We could barely sell tickets for a sure win against a weenie team at home,,,
Joe Cool

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2023, 09:59:01 AM »
I think it is difficult to decide who might be a favorite in this game. No games played as of late between a MVFC team and the conference that Villanova plays in. We always hear about how superior the MVFC is, so this game will be a big test between their conference winner and us, the 3rd place team in the MVFC. The few clips I saw of Villanova shows them to be a big team which would seem to fit in the MVFC. Also we need to see if our pass defense has improved late in the year or still has the significant weakness shown much of the year. In the Tressel years we always peaked at the end of the year in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if Phillip's team has done the same.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2023, 10:13:38 AM »
I heard that we would be stopping at Penn State and use their indoor facility for some practice, is that today?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2023, 10:27:42 AM »
I think it is difficult to decide who might be a favorite in this game. No games played as of late between a MVFC team and the conference that Villanova plays in. We always hear about how superior the MVFC is, so this game will be a big test between their conference winner and us, the 3rd place team in the MVFC. The few clips I saw of Villanova shows them to be a big team which would seem to fit in the MVFC. Also we need to see if our pass defense has improved late in the year or still has the significant weakness shown much of the year. In the Tressel years we always peaked at the end of the year in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see if Phillip's team has done the same.

The next step to the evolution of Phillips' team must be the ability to play well on the road. I would love to see evidence of that happening tomorrow, but I fear that we are not there yet. I also think that our young defensive coaches will not be up to the task, and that Villanova will capitalize on blown assignments. I sure hope that I am wrong.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2023, 01:26:53 PM »

The next step to the evolution of Phillips' team must be the ability to play well on the road. I would love to see evidence of that happening tomorrow, but I fear that we are not there yet. I also think that our young defensive coaches will not be up to the task, and that Villanova will capitalize on blown assignments. I sure hope that I am wrong.

I agree 100%

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2023, 12:10:38 PM »
Not good.
Nova took the opening kickoff and marched down field for a td.

Nova Up 7 early.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2023, 12:32:02 PM »
I know we have been slammed for our attendance and who knows what Nova will announce but does not look like a big crowd. Smaller stadium.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2023, 12:41:51 PM »
Cheap call on that out of bounds "bump"

Weak coverage on the kick

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin