Author Topic: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm  (Read 8406 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »
Because many students are not on campus due to Thanksgiving holidays, as in the past, we will have problems getting a big crowd for this game (except in the 90’s). 8-10 k is probably a more realistic expectation.

I was pleasantly surprised that they gave out Senior Citizens discount ($10 for age of 62+) for reserved seats. I don’t remember ever getting senior discount in any previous playoff games (I qualified for the last 14 years !). I believe this is the first time. Anyone remembers differently?

Go Penguins.

In the first years after the stadium opened, we did offer senior discounts. I don't remember when that practice stopped. I hope that the senior sale is so impressive that the athletic department resumes the discounts for next season. We have an old fan base, and entertainment spending is difficult for those seniors that happen to be on low, fixed incomes.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2023, 09:21:24 PM »
To anyone with influence reading ... For Saturday and all home games

Blacks Pants
Red Jersey's
Traditional "Y" helmet (no bird).

Nooooo the Pete helmet needs to be here to stay. I’ll never understand the hate. It’s one of the best helmets in the NCAA

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2023, 09:24:44 PM »
I like our chances to win the first two games to get to SDSU
Agreed. We aren't going to beat SDSU.  They beat us worse than the Buckeyes did, but it would be good if we could make it respectable at least. A couple wins would be great. We have a ton of returning starters and the experience would be great.

Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2023, 09:26:09 PM »
To anyone with influence reading ... For Saturday and all home games

Blacks Pants
Red Jersey's
Traditional "Y" helmet (no bird).

Nooooo the Pete helmet needs to be here to stay. I’ll never understand the hate. It’s one of the best helmets in the NCAA
I agree. Pete should stay! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2023, 07:11:03 AM »
I have to disagree on the helmets.  The Pete helmet is obnoxious.  I absolutely hate it.  I only support the traditional helmet.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2023, 07:42:29 AM »
Well it's GameDay penguin fans! Let's go!

On a quick note, IAA they did listen to you (at least on Jersey and pants) GameDay threads reveal on twitter showed red jersey black pants with red stripe.

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2023, 08:26:07 AM »
Unfortunately the YSU athletic office has demonstrated they don't give a rat's posterior for senior and handicapped fans. Parking blocks away, no shuttle buses, open golf carts that are sometimes there, sometimes not. After attending YSU games for the last 60 years my wife and I decided to drop our season tickets next year.

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2023, 08:37:40 AM »
Unfortunately the YSU athletic office has demonstrated they don't give a rat's posterior for senior and handicapped fans. Parking blocks away, no shuttle buses, open golf carts that are sometimes there, sometimes not. After attending YSU games for the last 60 years my wife and I decided to drop our season tickets next year.
Why not call down there during the offseason and go point by point with your criticisms to see if there is anything they can do to improve the gameday experience for seniors and the handicapped? However, it sounds like your complaints may be better suited to be addressed by YSU Parking Services, or perhaps the Athletic Dept will need to bring them up with Parking.

I park down by the Education College and walk down 5th to get to/from my car each game. I've seen multiple parking golf cart shuttles to the handicapped lot each game as I usually have to walk in the grass to avoid them.

Hopefully they can hear your concerns and improve the situation so fans like you can continue supporting this team.

Go YSU!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2023, 09:39:47 AM »

(I quoted)

Amen. That’s what I did couple of years ago (dropped my season tickets) because they would no longer provide the shuttle services for us old folks (not handicapped, just old)

I am going to have to walk from the Wick parking deck today to the stadium for the game (i am older than mid 70s.)

I am determined not to purchase any more season tickets until the shuttle is back for us old folks.

They have to understand that this is my $$. if I  am not happy with the products and/ or services, I am not going to spend my $$. This is how private enterprise supposed to work - Give the customers what they want and keep them happy. The lack of business sense of our athletic department continues to amaze me.

This is really not the parking services’ problems. This is on the athletic department. I believe this is the case because when I was at YSU, my department had to paid the $$ to the parking services to cover the parking fee out of my department budget when we invited guests to attend department functions.

In reality, the athletic department could probably restart the shuttle services anytime they want to. Few years ago, they even contracted the WRTA to shuttle us with the city buses. It could be done …..

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2023, 11:25:21 AM »
I agree with all the complaints. But this is not the time to focus on anything except the football game. We know that the media has access to this site. I propose that in January we start a campaign to embarrass the athletic department to resolve the issue of senior parking.

The Duquesne quarterback is listed on their roster at 6' even. We should treat him like we did our friend Baker from SIU. His lack of height undoubtedly contributed significantly to his 18 interceptions.

I hope that the team is more focused today than many of us appear to be. It helps that this is Phillips first playoff game, and the first for all the players on the roster. It also helps that the Duquesne game last year was competitive. Of course Davidson was still on the bench and we were then a one-dimensional offense. Looking at how many points Duquesne gave up against weak opposition, it is hard to see how they stop us...unless we self-destruct.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2023, 11:28:15 AM »
I agree with all the complaints. But this is not the time to focus on anything except the football game. We know that the media has access to this site. I propose that in January we start a campaign to embarrass the athletic department to resolve the issue of senior parking.

The Duquesne quarterback is listed on their roster at 6' even. We should treat him like we did our friend Baker from SIU. His lack of height undoubtedly contributed significantly to his 18 interceptions.

I hope that the team is more focused today than many of us appear to be. It helps that this is Phillips first playoff game, and the first for all the players on the roster. It also helps that the Duquesne game last year was competitive. Of course Davidson was still on the bench and we were then a one-dimensional offense. Looking at how many points Duquesne gave up against weak opposition, it is hard to see how they stop us...unless we self-destruct.

We should beat them by 3 touchdowns.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2023, 01:38:16 PM »
Focus on the game folks, if you have issues with something find some like minded people and meet with them.

So now back to the game!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2023, 01:40:07 PM »
I figured today would be a small crowd and small tailgate.  With that said, there is waaaay less people in the M70 lot than I though there would be. lol.  GO GUINS!!!  And keep Pete on the helmet!!!

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2023, 03:01:25 PM »
I figured today would be a small crowd and small tailgate.  With that said, there is waaaay less people in the M70 lot than I though there would be. lol.  GO GUINS!!!  And keep Pete on the helmet!!!

Nobody is interested in watching a team that doesn’t belong in the playoffs play a glorified Division III team.
Joe Cool

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2023, 05:41:47 PM »
Our defense is just pathetic