Author Topic: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm  (Read 8407 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2023, 09:33:00 AM »
This is a different Duquesne team than in the past. I think they are full scholarship now.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2023, 10:29:43 AM »
I expect a close game.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2023, 10:42:11 AM »
Hope our run game is clicking.

Run King as much as possible. We didn’t take out McLauglin last year. #10 is a much more effective running back than #1, IMO.

Just picked up my tickets at the ticket office about an hour ago. No waiting, in and out in 5 minutes (2 of those minutes were waiting for her to finish up with the phone order).

No wonder people had troubling calling in to get tickets. 2 students were selling tickets and answering the phone at the same time in the office.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2023, 11:50:30 AM »
To anyone with influence reading ... For Saturday and all home games

Blacks Pants
Red Jersey's
Traditional "Y" helmet (no bird).

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2023, 12:08:04 PM »
This is a different Duquesne team than in the past. I think they are full scholarship now.

They are in fact still partial scholarship FCS. NEC as a conference still only allows 45 scholarships per team. In order for that to change the entire NEC conference has to change. That was why Bryant and Robert Morris left for the Big South a couple years ago. They wanted to invest into full fcs scholarship football (63 total full time equivalent scholarships)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2023, 12:15:23 PM »

They are in fact still partial scholarship FCS. NEC as a conference still only allows 45 scholarships per team. In order for that to change the entire NEC conference has to change. That was why Bryant and Robert Morris left for the Big South a couple years ago. They wanted to invest into full fcs scholarship football (63 total full time equivalent scholarships)

thanks...good info YO. I thought they were 3 years at 45, then jump to 63.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2023, 12:20:12 PM »

thanks...good info YO. I thought they were 3 years at 45, then jump to 63.

We are going to pound them.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2023, 01:44:49 PM »
No problem IAA! Sidenote, I would love for the NEC to go up to 63 full scholarship equivalent.

What you are probably remembering is when the NEC recently went from 30 scholarship limit for football to the 45 they are today.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles/11205255-what-type-of-scholarships-do-division-ii-iii-and-fcs-football-players-get

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2023, 01:45:59 PM »
The NEC does play some good football. The dukes actually knocked Towson out round 1 last time they made playoffs.

That being said, we should win handily. This team won't overlook them, they can't overlook them.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2023, 02:13:48 PM »
Picked up my tickets yesterday morning, in and out in under 8 minutes.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2023, 07:33:49 AM »
No problem IAA! Sidenote, I would love for the NEC to go up to 63 full scholarship equivalent.

What you are probably remembering is when the NEC recently went from 30 scholarship limit for football to the 45 they are today.

https://www.flofootball.com/articles/11205255-what-type-of-scholarships-do-division-ii-iii-and-fcs-football-players-get

right, I thought that was 3 years ago & this was the 4th year and I thought they then going to the full 63. I was just reading the original proposal. The conference teams back down their number of grants-in-aid to 18 and adds that to the 45 scholarships, bringing the total to 63. So in effect they do have their 63 scholarship equivalent. I do not think that grants-in-aid are based on sport, but rather income. So the schools probably do not have to use them for football players.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 07:41:30 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2023, 08:25:02 AM »
Being that the start time is 5pm which is the latest time I believe in the FCS playoffs for the opening round we should avoid the OSU VS MICH game with the 5pm time .  No excuses to somewhat fill the stadium for the game I would think,  Weather will be cold but dry.   I got my 2 tickets on Monday.  Go Guins!!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2023, 08:51:04 AM »
Because many students are not on campus due to Thanksgiving holidays, as in the past, we will have problems getting a big crowd for this game (except in the 90’s). 8-10 k is probably a more realistic expectation.

I was pleasantly surprised that they gave out Senior Citizens discount ($10 for age of 62+) for reserved seats. I don’t remember ever getting senior discount in any previous playoff games (I qualified for the last 14 years !). I believe this is the first time. Anyone remembers differently?

Go Penguins.

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2023, 10:08:34 AM »
I would anticipate a crowd similar with Samford in 2016 which was also a 5pm kick. That game had 5,322. Over the years these FCS playoff games on Thanksgiving weekend have drawn poorly. Hell NDSU has only sold 7k thus far in their 18,500 dome.

To those that do show up, be sure to be loud!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2023, 12:38:53 PM »
I would anticipate a crowd similar with Samford in 2016 which was also a 5pm kick. That game had 5,322. Over the years these FCS playoff games on Thanksgiving weekend have drawn poorly. Hell NDSU has only sold 7k thus far in their 18,500 dome.

To those that do show up, be sure to be loud!

I agree. I hope that we can attract about 5k. I remember that the 2016 "crowd" was actually the largest of the games played that weekend.