Author Topic: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm  (Read 8404 times)

Offline DLHotch

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Playoffs Week 1: Duquesne at YSU Saturday 11/25 at 5pm
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2023, 08:52:44 PM »
I came out of hibernation and easily got a ticket online through the YSU website so that's my suggestion over the phone/office methods.

Go Guins!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2023, 08:29:06 AM »
First play-off game in 7 years and so so quiet on this board!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline InTheYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2023, 01:27:08 PM »
When we had our Space the other night (Listen), two things jumped out at me when looking at Duquesne that should work in our favor:

1. Their QB appears to lead the FCS with 18 interceptions (1.63 int's per game)
2. Their QB is completing just 51% of his passes

Obviously the weakest part of our team is pass defense. Knowing this QB has not been very accurate this year, if I am the DC I would bring pressure early and often to try to rattle their QB. If we can force him out of a rhythm early, I'd like to think we will be in good shape come the middle of the third quarter.

Go YSU!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2023, 02:15:11 PM »
When we had our Space the other night (Listen), two things jumped out at me when looking at Duquesne that should work in our favor:

Obviously the weakest part of our team is pass defense. Knowing this QB has not been very accurate this year, if I am the DC I would bring pressure early and often to try to rattle their QB. If we can force him out of a rhythm early, I'd like to think we will be in good shape come the middle of the third quarter.

Go YSU!

I just looked at the Duquesne athletic website and learned that this quarterback is still in the mix for the Walter Payton Award. I'm serious, I can't make this stuff up. Also, their coach is a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Award. I guess 7-4 and winning the NEC is a great accomplishment in the wacky world of FCS football.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2023, 06:23:20 PM »

Go YSU!

I just looked at the Duquesne athletic website and learned that this quarterback is still in the mix for the Walter Payton Award. I'm serious, I can't make this stuff up. Also, their coach is a finalist for the Eddie Robinson Award. I guess 7-4 and winning the NEC is a great accomplishment in the wacky world of FCS football.

They are similar to a mediocre to bad MVFC team. Massey Ratings, which I've found to be a pretty reasonable in terms of computer rankings has them at 65, which would put them at #10 in the MVFV

for comparison YSU is #13, Illinois State is #25, Murray State is #71

I don't think this will be a cake walk, but anything less than a W will be a huge underperformance

Offline YSU1

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2023, 06:32:05 PM »
two of the Duke losses were to West Virginia and Coastal Carolina
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 06:33:04 PM by YSU1 »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2023, 06:35:50 PM »
two of the Duke losses were to West Virginia and Coastal Carolina

Nice pay-days!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2023, 06:39:59 PM »

Go YSU!

They are similar to a mediocre to bad MVFC team. Massey Ratings, which I've found to be a pretty reasonable in terms of computer rankings has them at 65, which would put them at #10 in the MVFV

for comparison YSU is #13, Illinois State is #25, Murray State is #71

I don't think this will be a cake walk, but anything less than a W will be a huge underperformance

We better not look past them to the next game. Hope that we come out ready to play from the get go.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2023, 08:24:14 PM »
Let us not look pass Duquesne. If my memory serves me correctly, in the last game of the season, all Wofford had to do was to beat Missouri State, the bottom MVFC team, and we would be in the playoff. We were blown out by MSU.Let us don’t repeat the history.

I still cannot forget that night when I was sitting in the stadium watching us lost to Butlerin total disbelief.

Duquesne is way better than that Butler team.

Let us focu on the task at hand…...Go Penguins

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2023, 09:41:26 PM »
My prediction is YSU wins 37 to 28.  Our defense blows chunks and we have a hard time stopping them
Any other predictions???

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2023, 09:55:01 PM »
As a fan, I know the coach is going to have the team focused for this game, and in theory I can look ahead to the next game. But Butler taught me that is dangerous to do as a fan too...

Either way Go GUINS!

I am expecting a 45-14 type of game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2023, 10:15:26 PM »
If we come to play, we will win by 3 touchdowns.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2023, 10:27:51 PM »
First play-off game in 7 years and so so quiet on this board!

That is what happens after what 7 years since last playoffs etc.  My thought is the Dukes a big enough Draw to get a decent crowd.  My guess Holiday week I’m hoping to see 8k.  And doesn’t the athletic dept say a lesser amount as an announced crowd if memory serves me right for playoffs
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2023, 08:33:35 AM »
Would really hope for 12k+ for first playoff game in 7 years but holiday weekend with less students in town does not help. Dukes will bring a decent fan base I would assume.

YSU 38-21 my prediction

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2023, 08:53:52 AM »
Hope our run game is clicking.