Author Topic: New -Stats and Coaches Polls to be Used by Playoff Selection Committee  (Read 1154 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
My understanding is that in an effort to bring more transparency to the playoff selection process, both the Stats FCS poll and the Coaches Poll can and will be used by the playoff selection committee.

Just heard about it.  Maybe old new for people on here, but I stopped paying as much attention to the selection process after we've been f***ed so many times.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 08:12:13 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: New -Stats and Coaches Polls to be Used by Playoff Selection Committee
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2023, 08:22:32 PM »
Hannon, if you're out there, please tell DP that the polls now matter!  I know he said they don't watch film, but we are approaching Idiocracy now that we have stupid pundits that barely pay attention, or the FCS's greatest moron Craig Hailey voting on teams.  Hailey is a CAA homer and runs the Stats poll

He has to be the dumbest motherf***er serving as a media pundit.

On a good note , Sam Herder Brian McLaughlin, and Dom Izzo ,who are honest, transparent FCS journalists that everyone can trust are on this poll.  That being said there are something like 50 people voting in the poll that couldn't find their ass with both hands ( i.e. the Craig Hailey's of the FCS world).

The AGS poll is more thorough, accurate and precise than the Stats poll because those people on AGS are the diehards and far more informed.  The bias is leveled out in the AGS poll.....and you have to post your conference and team affiliation there.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 08:39:35 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2023, 08:39:08 PM »
I am convinced that Craig Hailey single handedly got Delaware into the playoffs last year.

Read his bullsh** narrative articles about the "Depth of the CAA" and his man-love for Delaware and anything CAA related
Craig Hailey, you define the word LOSER or biased dumbass and you can't back up your bullsh** articles with results.  You have to be forced to mention teams outside of your homer conference.  You shouldn't be allowed to vote in the poll.

https://theanalyst.com/na/2023/10/delaware-leads-deep-caa-football-contingent-in-stats-perform-fcs-top-25-poll/

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 08:55:50 PM »
Search my historical posts on Craig Hailey and you will see that I have a history of calling him out for the beta male he is......at least I'm consistent

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 09:08:02 PM »
More information on the poll the beta male runs.  Anyhow, ALL of them should have to post their poll and list the reasons why they voted the way they did.  If you want the privilege to vote, you have to be able to defend your choices to place teams and take the criticism when you put Ivy League schools and the Delaware Blue Female Chickens at #8.

Defend it beta male, defend it. 

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1711491035308691830?t=k1NQSCm6ZsCO-fjGU6sIrg&s=19
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 09:15:02 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2023, 04:15:17 AM »
Here's the beta male bragging about his poll being used in playoff selections.

https://twitter.com/FCS_STATS/status/1711082011106910540?t=DDDRFNff0g9bV7pYKlVPAA&s=19

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2023, 04:22:56 AM »
Apparently Stats FCS is still called the STATS poll but The Analyst is where it's now housed.  Beta male probably bankrupted the former businesses because he took so many years of losses the IRS was going to stop him by forcing him to declare his work a hobby.

Anyhow take a look at this home page and tell me it's not biased. Exclude the headlines referring to the Poll Results because those articles aren't sports journalism, they are reported poll results.

https://theanalyst.com/sport/american-football/fcs/

See the east coast bias?  It's awful.  The dude probably sits in his mother's basement and writes articles without actually seeing the teams for himself.  And he's probably been doing it for years. Yet, he's some "authority" figure in FCS football.  Craig Haley doesn't know sh**.  He just runs narratives for the CAA because they need all the help they can get with the loss of the Gay Pride Streamers (JMU) leaving for FBS.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 04:26:33 AM by penguinpower »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2023, 03:21:58 PM »
Apparently Stats FCS is still called the STATS poll but The Analyst is where it's now housed.  Beta male probably bankrupted the former businesses because he took so many years of losses the IRS was going to stop him by forcing him to declare his work a hobby.

Anyhow take a look at this home page and tell me it's not biased. Exclude the headlines referring to the Poll Results because those articles aren't sports journalism, they are reported poll results.

See the east coast bias?  It's awful.  The dude probably sits in his mother's basement and writes articles without actually seeing the teams for himself.  And he's probably been doing it for years. Yet, he's some "authority" figure in FCS football.  Craig Haley doesn't know sh**.  He just runs narratives for the CAA because they need all the help they can get with the loss of the Gay Pride Streamers (JMU) leaving for FBS.

Man, you are really obsessed with the term “beta male”

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 03:37:27 PM »

Man, you are really obsessed with the term “beta male”

He defines it.  So I simply substituted his name