Author Topic: UNI Week  (Read 3896 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI Week
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2023, 05:42:23 PM »
Like I said you won't know what type of team we have until after UNI game. Same Old, Same Old. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 05:45:17 PM by goodnews »

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2023, 05:52:12 PM »
Any QB’s on here? Please explain how, at this level,QB1 stares down receivers (from the snap)and expects to complete passes?  Just so sooo bad.  Also, how many years in a row are we into now, that the secondary just gets lit up every game?  It’s embarrassing. RMU made the D look silly.  Hahahahhaha.  Is that skill problems or coaching problems.  Or both?  I’d bounce the DC before OC although OC is right behinds.  It’s so funny at this point.  Step or two back today, imo. Here’s more also, running game is blah at best.   

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2023, 06:01:27 PM »
The program needs to win these type of games on the road to show they have arrived.   I think we have a good team but not a championship team.

No participation trophies.
No moral victories.

Still think despite the tough loss that the program is going in the right direction.  I know a lot of us are emotional after a loss but lots of football to play still.

Need #10 to get 17 to 20 carries a game.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2023, 06:05:15 PM »
Score 41 points and lose.  Unreal

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2023, 06:05:47 PM »
This is the fourth consecutive failed head coach after the departure of Tressel. Wonderful. Ending the season again before we reach October. That second quarterback sneak was the WORST play call in the history of YSU football.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2023, 06:11:29 PM »
Lucky if there are 40 D1 players on the roster.  The other 60 local players are there to pad the home attendance with family.  The OC has been horrible since DAY 1.  Just like the head coach HE'S ON THE CHEAP.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: UNI Wee
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2023, 06:12:32 PM »
The schedule is watered down enough no N Dakotas that we can make playoffs!  I think Murray St is the last game.  Probably be the game to play in for us for a playoff game.

That being said, the loss of Jaheel has hurt the offense, especially in the passing game, because everybody was out to stop him that made Davidson opportunities in the passing game. Yes, number 10 a good running back, but nothing close to Jaleel so now are passing game times is struggling

After Ohio State game. I did see some improvement.  But the pass rush and defensive backfield isn’t where it should be the experts on here saw differently.

Not getting a field goal in the second half hurt us but lack
Of converting our third downs before the garbage time touchdowns was a big factor. If we lose another two games, it’s time to look at Brungard to see if he’s the guy at quarterback football is about the quarterback And until we get division one quarterback, we have to coach, and play perfectly to win games.
I do think Phillips needs to recruit locally but to get true better depth it’s time to get kids that are D1.  How many attendance still sucks even with the local recruiting enough already

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 06:19:46 PM by YSUGO »
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2023, 06:18:31 PM »
This is the fourth consecutive failed head coach after the departure of Tressel. Wonderful. Ending the season again before we reach October. That second quarterback sneak was the WORST play call in the history of YSU football.

You can thank president sweatervest for the hire

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2023, 06:20:59 PM »
Bad coaching costed us this game. On 3rd down and 1, just handed the ball to # 10. He might break it for a td around the outside.
Since we didn’t gain any yardage on the QB sneak on the 3rd down, either kicked the FG to go up by 7 or change up the play.
Those two coaching (terrible) decisions completely change the momentum of the game. We just could not recover.
We were definitely being out coached today. The players deserved better….

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2023, 07:34:17 PM »
With South Dakota beating NDSU today there is now ZEROOOOOO chance of YSU making the playoffs.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2023, 10:37:13 AM »
Not a fan of Doug Phillips at all.   We missed our chance to hire Brian Wright.   He is now the HC of Pittsburgh state  a d2 powerhouse.   Has a good record at the school.  We should have went that route.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2023, 10:38:01 AM »
Farley owns us

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2023, 12:32:29 PM »
Phillips is no more then a program manager.  I thk it could work but you have to have the coaches to make that model work.  Just curious how the secondary can be so bad with a former OSU starter anchoring the back end? I believe the front 7 are equally responsible for the pass defense issues. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2023, 12:47:41 PM »
Totally agree with Goodnews