Author Topic: Valpo Game Thread  (Read 4227 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Valpo Game Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2023, 08:47:12 AM »
What was with the sound system?  We went from bad to good to not hearing a thing!

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2023, 09:45:53 AM »
Playoffs or bust!  Everyone else had to deal with covid too.  Keep in mind the coach is going nowhere.  The AD doesn't generate enough money to pay for a replacement.

Does any team goodnews? Everyone knows this was a Tressel hand-pick so now you cannot attack the AD, so you look for another item to attack him with. Despite the fact that we make good money as a program. Don't compare YSU to anyone else, as they are not the same. We now pay our players as much as anyone else (At our level). We still have top facilities. You have nothing to complain about. If you do not like the coach, send a letter to Florida c/o Tressel. If you do not like the recruits, blame the staff and the portal.  There is no more looking at how good your coaches are; it is now how much you pay players and how well coaches perform in the portal. Look at that idiot at Colorado. First he ruins the game with his inability to tackle, now he further ruins the game with his obvious lack of coaching skill and experience leading a PAC-10 team. That is the game of football for the rest of yours and my lives.

We know how to bring the crowds back, but it starts with winning. After that it is educating your fan base. Phillips has begun to do surprisingly-well in that aspect of the game. He is correcting reporters and still comes out as a pleasant coach. I would like to hear more from our assistants each week.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 10:21:55 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2023, 10:12:07 AM »
King is your TB. Best back we have had since Ruiz. Nice to see a bit of size.

Davidson showed leadership skills. Brungard is not now, nor ever should be the future of this team.

WR corps looking solid.

Kilpatrick is a very pleasant surprise at Punter.

We are loaded at DB and LB. Should be interesting.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2023, 12:05:52 PM »
1AA, I'm simply saying playoffs or bust because of our facilities and favorable conference schedule.  The coach is in his 4th year and should make the playoffs based on the many positives that u outlined in your response.   All u did is confirm there aren't any excuses.  I think Phillips has done an admiral job considering the challenges that exist at YSU.  Its clear YSU needed a cheap, clean coach that wanted to be here and was somehow connected to the program. 

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2023, 12:08:46 PM »
1AA, I'm simply saying playoffs or bust because of our facilities and favorable conference schedule.  The coach is in his 4th year and should make the playoffs based on the many positives that u outlined in your response.   All u did is confirm there aren't any excuses.  I think Phillips has done an admiral job considering the challenges that exist at YSU.  Its clear YSU needed a cheap, clean coach that wanted to be here and was somehow connected to the program.

Sorry, I must’ve misunderstood. I completely agree with you. That’s one of the reasons I like to see some of the assistants. We may have somebody there.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2023, 09:33:33 AM »

Brungard is not now, nor ever should be the future of this team.

Thinking that has already been decided!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2023, 03:12:26 PM »
Brungard did a nice job in mop up duty.  Ran well and hit his passes.   Not sure why the no-confident from the board.   Won't argue but time will tell.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2023, 09:33:08 PM »
Brungard did a nice job in mop up duty.  Ran well and hit his passes.   Not sure why the no-confident from the board.   Won't argue but time will tell.

Unlike Crenshaw, Brungard has all the tools to be an effective dual threat quarterback on the FCS level. I'm really glad that we have him. His only weakness is his height. So logically, should he earn the starting job next season, structure the offense so he does not often have to throw out of a pocket.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2023, 09:59:24 PM »

Unlike Crenshaw, Brungard has all the tools to be an effective dual threat quarterback on the FCS level. I'm really glad that we have him. His only weakness is his height. So logically, should he earn the starting job next season, structure the offense so he does not often have to throw out of a pocket.

Agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2023, 11:41:49 AM »

Until we actually see him play a real FCS opponent I’m a bit skeptical. Mostly just because we haven’t had much luck with undersized dual threat QBs.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2023, 07:10:50 PM »

Agreed Beau looked good against osu too. Yes int but overall showed reasonable ability.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!