Author Topic: Collective Money for NIL  (Read 1393 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Collective Money for NIL
« on: March 29, 2023, 08:01:45 PM »
I see YSU got a collective agreement for NIL from ServePro valued at $200k.  I hear more donations will be coming.  Good news for Men's basketball as it geared for men's basketball.  See what a good season will get you.
Maybe that is why Calhoun signed an extension.  Now we need donors for a newer Arena like now.

BushwoodCC

Re: Collective Money for NIL
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 11:40:29 AM »
I see YSU got a collective agreement for NIL from ServePro valued at $200k.  I hear more donations will be coming.  Good news for Men's basketball as it geared for men's basketball.  See what a good season will get you.
Maybe that is why Calhoun signed an extension.  Now we need donors for a newer Arena like now.
Explain your thought process for a new arena? Covelli Center in today's dollars would be nearly $60 million. They are already raising $ for a new Kilkawley. A new arena is simply not feasible or high on the priority list.

What you can justify are renovations to Beeghly.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 12:55:37 PM »
Beeghly Center, the building, is still in excellent shape. It is the outdated, "high school" bleachers on both the top and bottom levels that make the facility look inadequate. Renovation should include the installation of permanent, theater seating on both the top and bottom levels. That would make Beeghly look fantastic.

When the gym was constructed in 1972, it had to have retractable seating.  We needed the floor space for all of our sports, phys. ed classes, and intramurals. That is certainly no longer the case.  We have the campus rec center for intramurals. We have that 100 yard long gym under the seats at Stambaugh for any type of phys. ed class. Time to convert Beeghly from a physical education center into a true arena.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 01:35:11 PM »
Remodel is what i meant.  Not enough money and space for a new Arena.  Make it into a true arena suited for basketball and not just a High School gym.  That is what I meant.  From what I hear a donor may come soon before the end of the year.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 02:05:12 PM »
With the budget constraint, clearly renovating Beeghly is a more feasible option.
They might be able to do some creative engineering to take care the structure of those 4 corner pillars to make it a circular theater seating arrangement.

I don’t know we have enough $$$ to add any boxes for the sponsors/donors (that is definitely possible if donors could come up with $$$ for a new arena)

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 04:17:29 PM »
I hope that whatever renovations they do allow for fans who sit in the higher seats of the "high school" bleachers to actually see the scoreboard.  Wick250 is correct in his statements, we do not need Beeghly as it was originally constructed anymore (Wick you forgot to mention Cafaro Field).

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 04:31:57 PM »
I hope that whatever renovations they do allow for fans who sit in the higher seats of the "high school" bleachers to actually see the scoreboard.  Wick250 is correct in his statements, we do not need Beeghly as it was originally constructed anymore (Wick you forgot to mention Cafaro Field).

Didn’t we also added some additional space under east stand of the football field.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 06:24:15 PM »
Sure, that we all can agree that a redo of the original space is all that is needed. I assume that capacity will go down but will be worth it, if done right.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 07:42:48 PM »
Seems like all arenas are getting smaller once rebuilt or remodeled.   Duquesne has a 4k seat arena and never sells out either.  Same with Robert Morris, Gonzaga, etc.  Gonzaga fills the 6k capacity each and every game.