Author Topic: Calhoun  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
Calhoun
« on: March 27, 2023, 12:59:51 PM »
Saw on twitter Calhoun turned down Buffalo offer. Source also said he was third on their list.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Calhoun
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 01:38:04 PM »
Wow.   I didn't know that he was entertaining another job unless they went after him. 
Next job offer tho.  We better get the new or improved Beeghly asap or he is gone

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2023, 02:02:25 PM »
Wow.   I didn't know that he was entertaining another job unless they went after him. 
Next job offer tho.  We better get the new or improved Beeghly asap or he is gone

Let us be realistic, if Calhoun wins the league championship and/or gets into the big dance next year, he would be gone even with the improved Beeghly facility. Having said that, improved Beeghly facility will definitely attract the next coach and recruit future players.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2023, 04:38:58 PM »
Buffalo? That sounds like a lateral move to me.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 04:50:01 PM »
Buffalo? That sounds like a lateral move to me.

IMO, It is not a move up except possibly for the money.
Unless someone throws $$$ at him from some mid-majors, he might very well wait until he could take YSU to promised land before jumping to Power five teams. Unfortunately, many mid- majors pay $600k or more. The temptation might be there for him.
Strange things can happen. One of his former assistant coach at Fairmont State is now the head coach of the Boston Celtics.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2023, 05:16:17 PM »
Double ET i believe some mid majors offer up to high 6 figure money.  Your correct on your analysis

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 08:47:26 PM »
Buffalo actually has made the NCAA tourney 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 and made it to the second round twice and won the MAC conference or division they are in a few more times than that.  Plus the MAC Basketball conference is rated higher than the Horizon.  So yes it would be a step up. 
A Penguin for life!!!