YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Calhoun

(1/2) > >>

Cimo7:
Saw on twitter Calhoun turned down Buffalo offer. Source also said he was third on their list.

YsuPride:
Wow.   I didn't know that he was entertaining another job unless they went after him. 
Next job offer tho.  We better get the new or improved Beeghly asap or he is gone

Double ET:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 27, 2023, 01:38:04 PM ---Wow.   I didn't know that he was entertaining another job unless they went after him. 
Next job offer tho.  We better get the new or improved Beeghly asap or he is gone

--- End quote ---

Let us be realistic, if Calhoun wins the league championship and/or gets into the big dance next year, he would be gone even with the improved Beeghly facility. Having said that, improved Beeghly facility will definitely attract the next coach and recruit future players.

Kandrase:
Buffalo? That sounds like a lateral move to me.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on March 27, 2023, 04:38:58 PM ---Buffalo? That sounds like a lateral move to me.

--- End quote ---

IMO, It is not a move up except possibly for the money.
Unless someone throws $$$ at him from some mid-majors, he might very well wait until he could take YSU to promised land before jumping to Power five teams. Unfortunately, many mid- majors pay $600k or more. The temptation might be there for him.
Strange things can happen. One of his former assistant coach at Fairmont State is now the head coach of the Boston Celtics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version