YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Transfer Portal

(1/31) > >>

mudclods:
Will Dunn is the first YSU player to entered the transfer portal.  Not really surprised by this.  He was one I could see dropping down to D2 or D3. 

His PT disappeared after the Detroit home game at the end of January, and I'm pretty sure that was the game Cohill yelled at him after a turnover.  He also played the most mins in that game at 19 than he did all season.  After that he only played in 6 of the final 11 games for a total of 13 mins and did not score.   

He really improved from his freshman year to his sophomore year and even started 13 games last year.  I was hoping for more improvement this year.  He did hit 6 of his 13 3-point attempts this year.  He seemed to struggle on the defensive side this year and turned the ball over too much.

YsuPride:
He is from Michigan and was recruited by Ferris state and Hillsdale and I heard a rumor that Ashland was showing some interest.  Just opens up another spot for transfer portal.  Who will be next?

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on March 20, 2023, 09:19:44 AM ---He is from Michigan and was recruited by Ferris state and Hillsdale and I heard a rumor that Ashland was showing some interest.  Just opens up another spot for transfer portal.  Who will be next?

--- End quote ---

Sorry I started this topic before I saw you had already done one. 

ucfpengbuck:
Not a surprise.  Will's minutes went down this season and I wish him well.  He really provided a big spark in some games in the 21-22 season,  Watched him play in the Cleveland pro-am and he was really drilling the three point shot.

Noticed Garvin Clarke from Akron is in the portal.  I'm pretty sure YSU offered him out of high school and not sure if that means anything or not in 2023.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on March 20, 2023, 03:20:30 PM ---Not a surprise.  Will's minutes went down this season and I wish him well.  He really provided a big spark in some games in the 21-22 season,  Watched him play in the Cleveland pro-am and he was really drilling the three point shot.

Noticed Garvin Clarke from Akron is in the portal.  I'm pretty sure YSU offered him out of high school and not sure if that means anything or not in 2023.

--- End quote ---

Dunn shot well in HS with 3 balls is not the same as in D-1. Being 6’8” in HS, I am sure almost no one could defend him on those shots. It is almost like watching 3 point shots in warm up before the game. You may be able to shoot 10 in a row, but may not be able to make one in the game with good defense.

At about the same height, he is not Akuchie or Nelson who could create the 3 point shot opportunities.

I wish him success in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version