Author Topic: Interesting article on FCS athletic budgets Bisons are self sufficient  (Read 1102 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The biggest problem with having the Dakota schools within the MVFC is that they are the flagship universities within their states.  On a smaller scale, they gobble up all the resources in their states the way that OSU dominates Ohio. Quite frankly, it is getting to be a bad joke that NDSU and SDSU have not advanced to FBS. But we are stuck with them forever because no reputable big time conference has any interest in them.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
I'd be willing to bet the Mountain West comes calling for the Dakota schools now that San Diego State is leaving!

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Would make sense for them to make the move.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
I think it is important to look at schools like Cal Poly & UC Davis. These are schools that excel in non-traditional sports like baseball/softball, Track & Field, Field Hockey/LaCrosse, Water Polo, and general women's athletics. A school like UC Davis is a huge Equestrian school and they will compete with all the "big Boys" in the country in this and some of these other sports. It is similar to Penguin Bowling & their early success. I cannot stress enough how finishing ranked in the top-5 & #2 in the tourney for bowling has helped YSU athletics nationally.