Author Topic: Spring Football  (Read 1303 times)

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Spring Football
« on: March 17, 2023, 04:24:51 PM »
Any word on spring practice that started this week?

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Football
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 06:52:43 PM »
I glanced at what appears to be an updated roster online.  The only thing jumps out is the large number of local players that are likely D2 talent at best.  I hope this guy knows what he's doing.  The playoffs should've happened last year based on the schedule.  I think the same can be said for this year too. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 08:47:27 PM »
Seems like we have some size on the o-line.  No RB depth though. Unless we get a transfer.  Strong point of the offense is the receivers and the tight ends.  Defense young though.  Schedule is favorable to have a playoff push.
Don't have to play NDSU which is good.  Where is the big freshman RB from Alliance?  He was a 3 star player

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 08:57:19 PM »
Bryce Oliver is going to be a good Receiver and good to see Dre Rushton back

BushwoodCC

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023, 07:15:55 AM »
Seems like we have some size on the o-line.  No RB depth though. Unless we get a transfer.  Strong point of the offense is the receivers and the tight ends.  Defense young though.  Schedule is favorable to have a playoff push.
Don't have to play NDSU which is good.  Where is the big freshman RB from Alliance?  He was a 3 star player
Being the Alliance RB is a senior in high school, he is probably enjoying his final months of his time as a high school student.

I have high expectations for 3-Star RB Cephus Harris who is a RS Freshman. He was part of that huge recruiting class a couple years back. It is his time to shine.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 07:26:14 AM »
Does anyone know if any of our running backs have breakaway speed?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 02:08:31 PM »
Team is still extremely young!  Judging from the amount of redshirt freshman and sophomores!