Author Topic: Oklahoma State  (Read 6542 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Oklahoma State
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2023, 09:49:47 PM »
I just left Beeghley a$$uming it was a sellout. I asked Ticket Office Attendant and she said 4,000-not as many students.. Announced crowd was 4.009. Hard to believe.

There is no way. No possible way

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2023, 09:50:32 PM »
If you can't put a body on someone and do a simple box out to grab a rebound, you don't deserve to win.... Heck of a season still. Until next year folks!

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2023, 10:16:56 PM »
Coach said twice he felt we should have won the game!  That tells you all you need to know about this program going forward!  Hell of an effort against a taller more physical team!  I'm proud to be a Penguin!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2023, 10:21:04 PM »
Says 4099.  The attendance numbers all year makes no sense.  That was easily the biggest crowd of the year.

YSU outplayed OSU, but ran out of steam the last 5 mins or so.  I was just hoping we could maintain the lead and not fall behind.  When some of those shots didn't fall late it became deflating, but YSU battled to the end.  YSU went close to 5 mins without a basket and that probably was the difference. 

Their size wore YSU down and YSU had a lot of open 3's they couldn't knock down and a few layups didn't fall. 

I just wish that long buzzer beater by OSU at the end of the first half didn't go in.   YSU should have been up 7 or 9 at halftime and it may have been a different story.  Adrian Nelson wasn't the same after he went down.  He was a force in the first half.

One note, on the post-game show Robb Schmidt said Brandon Rush will be back. 

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2023, 01:02:50 AM »
But will Calhoun be back is the question.   50/50 he will be back.  He seemed unhappy at end of season.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2023, 08:04:00 AM »
Whoever counts attendance needs to find a new job. I would bet my life there was at least 6k there last night. That's embarrassing to say 4100.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2023, 09:25:20 AM »
Whoever counts attendance needs to find a new job. I would bet my life there was at least 6k there last night. That's embarra$$ing to say 4100.

We have been inflating crowd sizes all year. No harm in that. We were not cheating anybody.  The biggest joke was claiming that there were 5500 in attendance for the Detroit game when the 1380 seats in the west stands were not even pulled out.

This was different. A big chunk of the proceeds, perhaps all, had to be given to the NIT.

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2023, 10:30:06 AM »
Whoever counts attendance needs to find a new job. I would bet my life there was at least 6k there last night. That's embarra$$ing to say 4100.

We have been inflating crowd sizes all year. No harm in that. We were not cheating anybody.  The biggest joke was claiming that there were 5500 in attendance for the Detroit game when the 1380 seats in the west stands were not even pulled out.

This was different. A big chunk of the proceeds, perhaps all, had to be given to the NIT.

If capacity is 6,300 and the crowd was 4,100 that meant there was room for 2,200 more fans last night?

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2023, 10:32:00 AM »
If capacity is 6,300 and the crowd was 4,100 that meant the was room for 2,200 more fans last night.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2023, 10:59:23 AM »
If capacity is 6,300 and the crowd was 4,100 that meant the was room for 2,200 more fans last night.

There is no point in obsessing over attendance figures.  We should just be happy that the gym is no longer empty. For those that must know, there are exactly 1200 red seats on the lower level and 2760 seats in the bleachers on the east and west side.  That brings us to 3960 capacity. Of course we have significant seating in each end zone. Does that add up to 6300?  We will never know for sure unless somebody wants to do an on-site count of the seats in one end zone.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2023, 12:01:22 PM »
I just know that was the biggest crowd of the year by far and saying 4100 only is out right embarrassing.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2023, 12:24:17 PM »
Whatever the crowd was it was a good look for Youngstown St Basketball and to the area.  Calhoun has achieved so much with so little money.  He obviously can find players for his offensive scheme. We were a jump shooting 3 point team.  With a bench that wasn’t deep.  We couldn’t rebound and defend and that showed up during the last few weeks when it mattered.  As much as Coach has evolved our program I hope he looks at himself to improve on our weaknesses and get better at coaching game situations better.  But Hats off !!! Job well done!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2023, 12:27:34 PM »
I just know that was the biggest crowd of the year by far and saying 4100 only is out right embarra$$ing.

If NIT collects all the gate, YSU must have to report the paid attendance.If YSU gave away complimentary tickets for others to get in for free, it might not be counted towards the 4100 number. Just a guess in my part.

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2023, 01:56:41 PM »
Mutual Ohio paid for all the students-which much have not counted toward attendance. And if the go by tickets scanned who knows. My ticket is rarely scanned and I could have literally walked in for free.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2023, 04:09:06 PM »
Mutual Ohio paid for all the students-which much have not counted toward attendance. And if the go by tickets scanned who knows. My ticket is rarely scanned and I could have literally walked in for free.
I also know the students can walk into the basketball game just by showing their ID card. I don’t think they were ever scanned.
Football is different. Students have to present their ID (at the ticket office or designated area in the student center) to get the tickets. Each ticket is registered to their ID so each student can only get one per ID per game.
Faculty and staff cannot get in for free.