Author Topic: NIT  (Read 6989 times)

BushwoodCC

Re: NIT
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2023, 10:26:54 PM »
Interesting they are a #1 seed with that record. Some close losses against some top tier teams like Kansas.

Nonetheless, what an amazing opportunity for YSU. One more chance to showcase this team at home... this time against a Power 5 opponent. Pretty awesome!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2023, 10:38:21 PM »
If the Penguins win, they will add to the school record for most wins in a season and advance to the Second Round on March 18-19 to face to winner of 4-seed Washington State and Eastern Washington.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2023, 10:40:44 PM »
Biggest team to come here since women played Tennessee.   Unbelievable.   Let's all turn out and wear red and I hope they have those stands on the one side open for this huge game.  We can sell the arena out if we do.  STROLLO OPEN THE ONE SIDE AND DONT CATER TO THE BOOSTERS.

Pride, opening the west side bleachers (and thus making the gym look like a real basketball arena) would require moving the cameras (assuming that this game will be televised.) That means EXTRA WORK. How dare you propose such a logical concept that would require the athletic department to perform EXTRA WORK.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2023, 10:46:22 PM »
Looks like ESPN+
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2023, 10:48:35 PM »
It's on ESPN + .   ALL OF OUR GAMES HAVE FOR TWO YEARS NOW AND THEY HAD THE STANDS UP UNTIL JANUARY OF THIS YEAR.  THEY CAN DO IT.   MISSING SALES IF THEY DON'T BUT WHAT DO I KNOW.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2023, 10:49:22 PM »
Biggest team to come here since women played Tennessee.   Unbelievable.   Let's all turn out and wear red and I hope they have those stands on the one side open for this huge game.  We can sell the arena out if we do.  STROLLO OPEN THE ONE SIDE AND DONT CATER TO THE BOOSTERS.

It's not for the boosters, it was for the students. We shall see what they do Wednesday.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2023, 10:49:47 PM »
I will find out tomorrow.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2023, 10:51:17 PM »
Students?  Boosters get food their..Students are in the stands.   

BushwoodCC

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2023, 11:09:05 PM »
"Tickets are $20 - reserved seats, $15 - general admission,  $10 for YSU students. Courtside Coaches members and season-ticket holders have until Tuesday, at 5 p.m. to renew their seats. A limited number of reserved seats are available beginning Monday at 9 a.m."

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2023, 03:19:09 AM »
Didn't see this coming!  Big 12 school at Beeghley!  Fill the stands Youngstown!

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2023, 08:42:26 AM »
Trust me chief, not opening the stands is NOT because of the students, it's because of boosters, serving food.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2023, 09:11:14 AM »
Interesting they are a #1 seed with that record. Some close losses against some top tier teams like Kansas.

Nonetheless, what an amazing opportunity for YSU. One more chance to showcase this team at home... this time against a Power 5 opponent. Pretty awesome!

Oklahoma St. is 43 in the net.  They are the highest of the #1 seeds.  North Texas is 38 and a #2 seed.

YSU is now 123 in the net; still highest in the Horizon.  NKU is up to 154.  They got a #16 seed in the NCAA tourney and are a 19.5 point underdog to Houston. 

The only common opponent Oklahoma St. played was Oakland and they won by 29.  OSU lost to UConn by 10.  Lost to Texas all 3 games by double figures.  Lost to Kansas by 2 and 9.  Lost to Baylor & Kansas St, twice.  Split with WVU & TCU.

OSU only averages 68.5 a game and gives up 66.1 a game.  They only shoot 31% from 3 and under 70% from the FT line.

Let's hope OSU takes YSU lightly.  If YSU can shoot the ball well and score, play decent defense, get the crowd involved they might have a shot.  However, if they play like they did down the stretch it's going to be tough sledding.   

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2023, 09:45:02 AM »

Pride, opening the west side bleachers (and thus making the gym look like a real basketball arena) would require moving the cameras (a$$uming that this game will be televised.) That means EXTRA WORK. How dare you propose such a logical concept that would require the athletic department to perform EXTRA WORK.

It looks like they will be selling upper level seats on the west side
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 09:45:41 AM by GoGuins »

Offline PeteGuinYo

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2023, 10:23:15 AM »
Zero chance that YSU will host a home game.
Shows how much I know..lol.
Thank goodness for the NCAA Wrestling Event in Stillwater!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2023, 12:11:08 PM »
I normally buy my tickets on line but i am near downtown Y-town today and plan to stop in to the ticket office before 3pm.  I'll ask if they plan to open up that side for the biggest game of YSU most recent history.  besides i want a paper ticket just in case we upset the Oklahoma St and i got proof that i was there