Author Topic: NKU  (Read 10281 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
NKU
« on: March 04, 2023, 07:24:13 PM »
We split with them during the regular season and this is going to be a war.   Nelson used to play for them and i bet he has a Vandetta against them.   He should play out of this world so we have a shot at a neutral site.
We need to travel good.  Need at least 1k to 2k there.  As long as we play our game and start off good with a lead going into half is a win for us.   Or team seems to struggle in first half.  We depend on the 2nd half comebacks way too much.  We shall see

BushwoodCC

Re: NKU
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 08:03:12 AM »
We split with them during the regular season and this is going to be a war.   Nelson used to play for them and i bet he has a Vandetta against them.   He should play out of this world so we have a shot at a neutral site.
We need to travel good.  Need at least 1k to 2k there.  As long as we play our game and start off good with a lead going into half is a win for us.   Or team seems to struggle in first half.  We depend on the 2nd half comebacks way too much.  We shall see
I'd be surprised if there are more than a few hundred YSU fans there Monday night. IF they win, I think you can get a decent # making the 5.5 hour drive on Tuesday.

In the two games against NKU this year, we scored 73 and 74 points. I would expect low 70's again tomorrow night.

In the loss in Highland Heights, YSU was up 5 points (56-51) with 1 minute left before NKU scored 7 points in 37 seconds to tie it up (58-58). As you may recall, we had chances at the end of regulation and the first OT, but both possessions were just awful.

This game is going to come down to our defense. If we can hold them to under 70 points, I would like to think we come away with a win. The defense vs. Detroit was tremendous at times, but it came at a cost, getting absolutely dominated on the glass on certain possessions. If we can bring that same intensity on defense and protect the glass, you have to like our chances.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 10:59:19 AM »
Agree BushwoodCC

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 12:31:03 PM »
YSU is around a 3.5-point favorite. 

I think if YSU shoots the ball well and can get into the 70s we'll be ok.  NKU is going to want keep this game in the 60s I'd imagine.

Hopefully Nelson has a big game and we need Rush to shoot the ball well and hit several 3's.  Also keep Warwick, Vinson, and Faulkner from going off.  They've killed YSU in the past.  Need McBride to really play well defensively and if he can score some points and hit one or two 3's would be great.

Game could come down to FT shooting.  NKU isn't the best FT shooting team at 68%.  YSU has been solid most of the year, but seems like their % has come down a bit of late.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 12:38:23 PM »
Agree with Mudclods

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2023, 03:51:40 PM »
Agree with Mudclods

Agree also.  Warrick and  Falkner are always consistent while Vinson has been up and down and I consider him their X factor.   Need to slow them down .

Would like to see Green Post up strong and make the offense go inside out.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2023, 04:09:15 PM »
As of now we are 3.5 favorites

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2023, 05:38:03 PM »
Let's get it boys and girls!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2023, 06:16:40 PM »
We need to make those layups in the paint. No 3 points shots from Green, please.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2023, 06:20:43 PM »
Defense travels. Have to come ready to guard.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2023, 07:02:29 PM »
What's going on with ESPN U.  AFTER 7 AND STILL SHOWING GYMNASTICS

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2023, 07:08:26 PM »
Watching the game on ESPN+ right now
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2023, 07:15:04 PM »
Zone offense a little shaky so far.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2023, 07:16:02 PM »
Slow pace tied at 4.   Usual slow start by Guins.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2023, 07:26:45 PM »
Like I said, if they can't defend they won't win. Abysmal defense so far.