Author Topic: IUPUI  (Read 4902 times)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: IUPUI
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2023, 10:13:12 PM »
Penguins win outright!  Milwaukee 81-72 victors over CSU!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: IUPUI
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2023, 10:27:46 PM »
I thought YSU would win by at least 15 but not more than 18 something like 85-70 but it wasn't the prettiest getting there.  I kind of thought playing in that smaller gym would give IUPUI more of a home court advantage than Indiana Farmers Coliseum. It seems like IUPUI never lets the favorite cover the spread.

Rush and Cohill were the difference in the 2nd half and turning their 13 turnovers into 22 points compared to them scoring just 7 off YSU's turnovers.  Give props to Lovelace going 8-for-8 from the line. 

With Milwaukee beating CSU, YSU gets the title outright which makes the RMU loss a little less painful.  So barring an upset win by Green Bay or IUPUI, YSU will play the winner of Detroit/PFW at home on Thursday.  I know Detroit scares a lot of people, but I'd rather play them than PFW, who YSU always struggles with.  I think IUPUI has a better chance of beating RMU on the road than Green Bay knocking off Wright St.

No matter what, YSU is going to have to play better defense if it's going to make a run at the tourney title.  Giving up 83 to RMU and 79 to IUPUI is not good. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 10:29:03 PM by mudclods »