Author Topic: NKU Game  (Read 3468 times)

Offline ysuscuba

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NKU Game
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 09:00:46 PM »
Great game! Go Penguins.
"Any aquatic species that dares to swim past the coast of Japan will become extinct."

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 09:19:40 PM »
The last time YSU was 19-6 since going D1 was tonight ;D

Can't complain when you beat the team tied with you for first.  Great to see Brandon Rush playing well,now they need to get McBride going.   Might be the best defensive game this seaon by the Penguins. A lot of help defense and the guys were swarming.   Can't understand why they sometimes have trouble inbounding the ball on
the opponnents baseline.
Nice 4 game homestand now need to keep it going on some tough road games.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 09:20:38 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 09:21:05 PM »
THIS TEAM IS FOR REAL!!

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2023, 10:59:18 PM »
Would love to make the NCAA and knock off one of the Blue bloods!  One can only dream, thing is the dream MAY COME TRUE!

Offline PENS16

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2023, 11:41:43 PM »
What an outstanding performance tonight! The defensive effort was the best of the season! After a  three-overtime game you could expect a little letdown or fatigue but that wasn’t the case. Coach Calhoun and his staff did a tremendous job having the team ready. A great night at Beeghley-one of the best nights ever.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2023, 10:20:21 AM »
We are now in sole possession of 1st place in the league.   Cohill made ESPN top ten moments for last nights move # 8 highlight in believe. IUPUI won 1st game although it's was against GB.  The dunk in IUPUI game was #1 highlight of the night as well.    Now we have to take care of business on the road against PFW and CSU.   Nice to get both of those games.   

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2023, 11:23:46 AM »
Great defensive effort & to score 74 on NKU isn't easy.  Really the defense has carried YSU during the 4-game home stand.  If the team can play defense consistently they are going to be hard to beat.  You figure the offense struggled some against Oakland, then held Detroit to 63, Wright St scored only 63 until going to OT, and then only gave up 56 to NKU.

It was good to see Rush have a strong game again.  Nelson has been tremendous and is shooting with confidence.  Need to get some points again out of McBride....hopefully Shemar is back next weekend.

I was worried how draining the Wright St game would be Friday night after going 3OT, but having a 7 PM start helped.  The end of the first half concerned me too as YSU was up 6 with the last possession and a chance to make it 8 or 9 and had that turnover and a score by NKU to cut it to 4, but YSU came out strong in the 2nd half.

CSU got swept this weekend and surprisingly PFW lost by 32 to Detroit.  YSU is now up on CSU by 2 games for 4th but next weekend is important playing on the road against PFW and CSU.  YSU really struggles with PFW and you have to figure CSU is going to play better.  Even if YSU finishes the last 6 at 3-3 that would clinch a top 4 spot, but YSU has more to play for now than just finishing in the top 4.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2023, 08:26:52 PM »
I saw the Cohill last second layup in the Wright State Game on Sports Center at half time in a game on ESPN.

Not sure where to look to see what was listed as "Cohill made ESPN top ten moments for last nights move # 8 highlight in believe."  Are the top ten moments listed and shown on line or just where are they shown?

We are really playing well and we sure have the best talent I have ever seen on a YSU men's team. Hope we can keep it up, especially the defense like yesterday and score like we did yesterday also. I was not expecting that type of showing with the triple overtime game Thursday, but we sure came to play and didn't look tired like I expected.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2023, 09:25:46 PM »
Not sure but i SEEN them for my own eyes watching ESPN last night